|Ease of Use||9/10|
|Websites Using Magento/Adobe Commerce|
|Commonly Used As|
|Most Values Features by Users|
|Reporting & Statistics|
Magento 2 /Adobe Commerce Cloud
A widely-known eCommerce platform, Magento, now known as Adobe Commerce Cloud, is widely used because of its self-hosted solutions. It was launched in 2018, then eBay acquired it and sold it to Adobe. Magento 2 handles $100 billion and more in gross merchandise volume per year.
Magento/Adobe Commerce is an open-source ecommerce platform written in PHP. It uses various PHP frameworks, like Symfony and Laminas. Magento 2 users have access to lots of unique features that assist them to connect with their customers and selling their products.
|Magento 2 Advantages||Magento 2 Disadvantages|
|Developers are readily available to customize your online store||Technical knowledge is a must.|
|Self-host on any PHP web hosting||Smaller stores may find it overcomplicated|
|Free to get started||Not SEO-friendly|
Why use Magento 2/Adobe Commerce?
- An active plugin development community
- A well-known platform and widely used.
- Scales from small stores to big multi-location stores.
Enterprise users can choose a paid tier, and for a basic level user, the software is available for free.
Massive retailers also use Magento 2, like Nespresso and Samsung, as various small eCommerce operators. So, it’s one of the top competitors for any business looking to start online retail.
Magento 2/Adobe Commerce in Essence
Magento 2/Adobe Commerce Cloud is an eCommerce platform that’s currently a widely known solution. It’s used on about 20% of all eCommerce websites.
Magento works in either of the below two ways:
- It’s available as a free download, which means you can download it from its official website and install it on your server.
- It’s available as a hosted service, so you don’t need to install anything, but it is highly priced.
Magento 2/Adobe Commerce Cloud Ecommerce Platform Best suitable for
A great platform for online shops, Magento 2/Adobe Commerce is known for performing well. If you want to start an ultra-small business to put your first step into the eCommerce world, fewer high-weight solutions may exist that would help you out. But, if you hold a well-established model, the funding to set up Magento 2 and make it best fit your needs proves to be a fantastic platform for your online store.
Magento/Adobe commerce cloud is optimized to work with tons of traffic, thousands of products, and many sales. In other terms, it’s best for the bigger e-commerce stores.
Build Your Own eCommerce Store
Hire Magento 2 Developers
Features in Magento 2 Ecommerce Platform
Below are the top features of Magento:
- Coupon management.
- Inventory management.
- API for web services.
- Built-in multilingual support.
- Built-in SEO features.
- Product bundles.
- Marketing tools.
- Order processing.
- Handling shipping charges.
- Multiple payment gateway options.
- 5,000+ extensions available.
- Optimized for tablets and mobiles.
- Customer groups.
- Newsletter management.
- Site management features.
- Customer service.
Magento/Adobe Commerce Pricing
- The community version of Magento is free. You just need to download it from the official website and install it on your web server.
- The Enterprise version is costly and set up by the Magento people. The prices are not open to all on the website. To get a quote. You need to fill out a contact form and give an introduction to your business first. Post that; they will offer you the cost within the range of $15,000 to even $50,000 / year, that’s usually reported.
Magento/Adobe Commerce Themes and Designs
Magento – the main company doesn’t offer any custom designs to the customers. If you want something good-looking with the best quality, you need to connect to a third party.
You can either browse the catalog under Magento Connect or go straight to ThemeForest and get a paid or premium theme.
Lastly, if you have experience, you can build a Magento theme yourself.
Products Management in Magento/Adobe Commerce store
Besides all the technical challenges during Magento set-up, you will find this eCommerce platform user-friendly to work with.
You can easily grasp Magento’s main dashboard, with well-organized sections. The inventory is also simple to use in which you can simply add new products.
For online payments, Magento allows you to integrate with Authorise.net and PayPal. Also, it offers various other payment extensions through Magento Connect. Above all, you can experiment with the things such as guest checkouts, one-click payments, and more.
Magento/Adobe Commerce Cloud Review Conclusion
Is Magento the right tool to develop your online store?
Pros of Magento/Adobe Commerce
- Scalability: One of the top advantages of Magento 2/Adobe commerce cloud is it’s a perfectly scalable platform. So, you can easily switch from 10 to 100,000 products. Magento 2 is developed with scalability in mind, so you can find it easy to move things up when the time arrives.
- User-Friendly: In the beginning, Magento 2 Adobe commerce cloud is a user-friendly solution for the one who doesn’t have the technical knowledge to code a unique solution on their own. The admin area is crafted for those who don’t have extensive expertise or experience. So, you may find it easy to put together the basics of your online store.
- Feature-Intensive: As Magento 2 holds the caliber to be such a big product, it can be somewhat feature-intensive. Although, you should know that it can increase the system’s complexity, making it challenging for you and demanding to take the help of a Magento 2 Adobe commerce cloud developer.
- Rich Feature List: Magento 2 always wins concerning the feature category. The credit goes to exceptional features.
- A Large Community of Contributors and Users: You will not face any issues finding a vendor to get assistance for your store. You just need to browse through the Magento 2/Adobe commerce cloud Partners portal.
- Mobile-Friendliness: Now, consumers are mobile-first. As smartphones are important for every stage of the purchase journey, failing to adopt a mobile-friendly site would lead you to lose a marketing game.
- Exceptional SEO Capabilities: Native SEO power of an eCommerce platform will assist you to appear in top searches whatever search engine your customers use.
When it comes to SEO, Magento’s benefits and features include
- SEO-friendly URLs and redirects.
- Canonical tags and unique category paths for the product’s URL to avoid any duplicate content.
- Metadata for the homepage, rich snippets, product/category pages, and prefixes and suffixes for title tags.Robots.txt file and XML sitemaps.
Cons of Magento/Adobe Commerce Cloud
- Development, Support, and Maintenance Costs: On the tech support side, Magento is expensive. Firstly, it’s a complicated system in the background, and this states it usually takes the time of even experienced Magento 2 developers to learn how to do the things you want them to do. If you choose the enterprise option that includes support from Magento 2 directly, you are seeking around $15,000 / year (with the most expensive Premium Enterprise package starting at $50,000 / year.
- Steep Learning Curve: If you don’t hire a Magento developer and decide to develop your store yourself, you need to learn a lot. At least you need to be familiar with the principles of object-oriented programming (OOP), MySQL, PHP, and Git. It would be challenging for a beginner with no technical skills to build a Magento 2 store.
- Time-Intensive: As the learning curve is much longer for Magento development than others. It may be time-consuming to attempt to change things or otherwise depend on the Magento2 developer for help.
- Hosting: Because of the scalable design and complexity, you may need to host a Magento 2/ Adobe Commerce Cloud store on its dedicated servers. It states an additional expense and an extra online monthly price to boot. This states it’s less agile than some specific solutions and less speedy to get it when you want it to be.
Magento/Adobe Commerce Versions
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.3
- Magento 2.4.2
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1
- Magento Open Source 2.4.1
- Magento Open Source 2.4
- Magento Commerce 2.3.5
- Magento Open Source 2.3.5
- Magento Commerce 2.3.4
- Magento Open Source 2.3.4
- Magento Commerce 2.3.3
- Magento Open Source 2.3.3
- End of Magento 2.2.X Support
- Adobe Commerce Version 2.4.5 Pre-Release
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.5-p1 and 2.4.4-p2
- Adobe Commerce Patch Version 2.4.6 & 2.4.6-pt1
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.7
- What Is Adobe Commerce?
- Live Search In Adobe Commerce
- Adobe Commerce Customer Segmentation
- Adobe Commerce Support Tools for eCommerce Store Owners
- Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) vs. Shopify
- Adobe Commerce For PCI Compliant eCommerce Store
- What Makes Adobe Commerce Perfect For An eCommerce Store?
- AEM and Adobe Commerce (Magento) Integration Using CIF
- Adobe Commerce Cloud Enables B2B, B2C or Hybrid Selling
- Magento Open Source vs Adobe Commerce Cloud
- Adobe Commerce BI (Business Intelligence)
- Adobe Commerce Support and Maintenance Services
- Managed Alerts for Adobe Commerce
- Popular Brands that Use Adobe Commerce