Last Updated on April 6, 2022
In this post, we are going to state Magento commerce 2.3.4 release notes which enclose all major fixed issues and new attributes highlights.
The much-awaited Magento commerce 2.3.4 release notes are finally released and there is a lot of chatter going in the Magento community. This release notes comprises a colossal number of security enhancements, platform upgrades, performance improvements, and other significant changes.
The Magento commerce 2.3.4 release notes are the result of more than 275 contributions made by the Magento community members. This release comprises more than 220 functional fixes and over 30 security enhancements.
Magento Commerce 2.3.4 Release Notes Date
According to the announcement made by Magento, the release date for Magento commerce 2.3.4 instance release notes is 28th January 2020. Moreover, the announcement for Magento commerce instance release notes will be made on all official social media accounts of Magento.
Magento Commerce 2.3.4 Fixed Issues and New Updates
We have already stated above that the new Magento 2.3.4 commerce instance has more than 220 functional fixes and over 30 security enhancements. In addition to that, merchants can apply security-only patches to fix all the severe vulnerabilities that have been identified in the Magento 2.3.3 commerce instance.
Though codes of new features are bundled with the Magento core code, there are some explicit attributes like progressive web applications, inventory management, page builder whose codes are released separately. For these projects, bug fixes are documented properly which are available in the documentation of each project.
Magento 2.3.4 New Updates Highlights
1. Substantial Security Enhancements
- More than 30 security enhancements are made to eclipse the vulnerabilities of the previous Magento instance. However, still, certain vulnerabilities can be exploited to garner the key information. To gain benefits from these vulnerabilities, attackers first have to access the admin section. All the necessary arrangements are made in the latest Magento commerce 2.3.4 instances like two-factor authentication, use of a VPN, use of a unique location rather than admin to protect the Admin section from attackers.
- To eclipse the slightest opportunity of cross-site scripting and remote code execution (RCE), there is a deprecation of custom layout updates. Instead of specifying entity-specific custom layouts, now you have to create a separate file that comprises the layout update and then select it for use.
- Content template features are redesigned so that white-list variables can be included in templates. After the redesign of content template features, administrator-defined templates like email, CMS content, and newsletters cannot directly call PHP functions and objects.
2. Platform Upgrades
- There is a significant improvement in Session Storage and Page Caching. Both these attributes have been tested on the latest version of Redis v5.0.6.
- The latest Magento 2.3.4 commerce instance now completely supports the RabbitMQ v3.8 as substantial enhancements have been made to the message queue framework. RabbitMQ is a third-party technology and also the underlying technology of Magento message queue framework.
- Now merchants have to use the official payment integration method available in the marketplace as the integration of the Authorize.net payment method has been deprecated.
- With the release of enhanced support for MariaDB 10.2, declarative schema error which Magento was throwing earlier has been resolved. Now, MariaDB permits system integrators to use declarative schema with both MYSQL and MariaDB.
3. Performance Boost
After the release of Magento 2.3.4 commerce instance, merchants will witness a drastic boost in performance because of the implement enhancements.
- The latest Magento 2.3.4 commerce instance has the added ability to disable statistic collecting for reports module. To completely or partially disable the Magento reports, merchants can follow the configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options).
4. Infrastructure Improvements
The release of Magento commerce 2.3.4 encapsulates more than 250 enhancements which ultimately augment the quality of the framework and modules like sales, catalog, import, CMS, B2B, Elastic Search, and PayPal.
5. Merchant Tool Enhancements
With the integration of Adobe Stock Image galleries, merchants can now add a monumental number of high-quality media assets without leaving the Magento admin section. Merchants can view, explore, and deploy stock images in web content with the help of the searchable interface.
6. Page Builder
There is a noteworthy improvement in product storing. Now merchants can sort product positions in the category by using sorting parameters like name or stock status.
Improvements have also been made in the product carousel. Merchants can decide how to showcase the products in their content from the list of pre-defined options in Page builder products content type.
For the better rendering of the content, Magento optimizes content in advance created through the page builder option using the Venia storefront theme. The noteworthy point here is, unstructured content that page builder generates and saves into a database is converted into structured content.
7. Inventory Management
The following enhancements are made for the improvement in inventory management.
- To dwindle the memory usage when finding and compensating for missing reservations in large catalogs, inventory reservations CLI command is updated.
- Some earlier acknowledged issues have been rectified that were putting unexpected loads on the database server in varied scenarios like the shopping cart.
- Numerous quality-related issues have also been resolved which include grouped products, credit memos, source, and stock mass actions.
8. PWA Studio
For updated in progressive web app studio, we recommend you to follow PWA studio releases.
Dotdigtal powered live chat allows merchants to amplify the sales and conversion with real-time engagement. All Magento 2.3.x merchants will get a free live chat agent for better assistance.
10. Google Shopping Ads Channel
We recommend you to check out google shopping ads channel release notes for Magento 2.3.x instances.
- B2B buyers are now able to export requisition lists into CSV format. They can easily perform batch modification forcontinual import into the shopping cart and import back to the requisition list.
- Merchants are now able to fetter access of different B2B features from the admin section.Merchants can decide which employee can work with which B2B settings and items.
An array of improvements has been made in GraphQL functionalities such as cart functionality, layered navigation, search coverage to escalate the performance of GraphQL.
- Customers have the privilege to merge guest carts with customer carts.
- Customers now can begin the order from one device and complete it on another device.
- The newly added category list query allows users to search categories by URL key, name, or ID.
- Merchants can now specify pre-defined filters in the object or define a custom filter by using ProductAttributeFilterInput object.
Fixed Issues in Magento 2.3.4 Commerce Instance
Magento has fixed more than hundreds of functional fixes in the core code of Magento 2.3.4.
1. Upgrade, Deploy, and Install
- In Magento 2.3.4 commerce instance, Magento will no longer disable cache whenever you try to run composer update.
- In the developer’s mode, you can effortlessly run bin/magento setup: static-content: deploy. Previously, running this command was resulting in unsolicited error.
- Earlier, Magento was throwing an error when My MySQL tries to upgrade deploy container information predefined in app/etc/config.php. This error has been resolved in Magento commerce 2.3.4 instance.
- In composer.json files, single pipes have been changed to double pipes.
- module-analytics/Model/ExportDataHandler.php generates all the crucial data in the Docroot/var/ folder.
- Earlier, administrators used the TAB key to navigate out of the dialog. Now, by using the TAB key, administrators can navigate only in between Allow and Don’t Allow buttons.
- Now hitting the ESC key no longer shuts down analytics popup dialog when an administrator logs in.
In the previous instance of Magento commerce, email sent from Admin section enclosed static file paths. This problem is resolved in the latest Magento commerce instance.
To review all the fixed issues in Magento 2.3.4 commerce, click here.
How to Download Magento 2.3.4 commerce? How to Upgrade to Magento 2.3.4 commerce?
You can download and install Magento commerce 2.3.4 in a numerous way. To upgrade to the latest magento commerce instance, we recommend you to hire certified Magento 2 developers to install or upgrade to your coveted Magento commerce version.
When Magento 2.3.5 Commerce Will Be Released?
After the release of Magento 2.3.4 commerce release notes, everyone must be eagerly waiting for Magento 2.3.5 commerce instance as it will bring the new updates and different sets of fixed issues. Till yet, no announcement has been made by the Magento community regarding the release of Magento 2.3.5. We will let you know about it as soon as Magento drops any announcement.