The release of Magento 2.3.2 edition in the month of June 2019, was indeed a huge update by the Magento. However, apart from state-of-the-art updates, there were numerous loopholes identified by merchants and proficient developers after utilizing the Magento commerce 2.3.2 edition.
Since then, everyone was eagerly looking for Magento commerce 2.3.3 release which can eclipse the drawbacks of the former edition. On October 8, 2019, Magento finally released the much sought after Magento commerce 2.3.3 release notes which offer a plethora of platform upgrades, essential security changes, and PSD2 compliant core payment methods.
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 release notes
comprise more than 200 contributions from the Magento community members.
It also includes more than 75 security enhancements and 170 functional fixes.
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 Release Date & Other Release Information
October 8, 2019, was the official release date for Magento commerce 2.3.3. edition. Right after the release, it quickly became the principal topic of debate among Magento developers and the Magento community.
Moreover, in the Magento Commerce 2.3.3 version, there is a new security-only patch available that render fixes for issues that have been identified in the previous version.
Note: – We recommend you to upgrade to Magento 2.3.2-p2 patch as soon as possible as it encloses all the major security fixes that are included in Magento 2.3.3, but not enclosed in the patch Magento 2.3.3-p1. For downloading and applying security-only patches, we suggest you follow the Magento installation guide using the composer.
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 Release Notes – New Attributes & Updates
You will find a myriad of new attributes and updates in the Magento 2.3.3 commerce release notes. Here are some of the key highlights.
1. Security Enhancements
Have a look at the key security enhancements.
- Core payment methods are now compliant with PSD2
- Approximately, 75 critical security issues are fixed.
- To boost up the security of XSS (cross-scripting), substantial security enhancements are made after the months of efforts to reduce the backlog of security enhancements.
#Enhancement 1: PSD2 Regulation Compliance
Earlier, most of the core payment methods which were integrated into the Magento 2.3.3 version was not compliant with PSD2 regulations. To consolidate the security of Merchants’ transaction and banking data, the EU (European Union) revised PSD regulations that will surely affect the payment processing involving bank transfers and credit cards.
The core integration API of the Braintree payment method has been updated which now complies with PSD2 regulation.
You will find depreciation in eWay and cyber source payment modules to make them comply with PSD2 SCA regulation.
#Enhancement 2: Security Enhancements & Core Code Fixes
To eclipse the vulnerabilities of remote code execution and cross-site scripting, around 75 core code fixes are done to enhance the security of the platform.
1. Upgradations in Core Platform
You will find numerous upgradations in the core platform to consolidate platform security and align with PCI compliance.
- Now, Magento 2.3.3 version fully supports PHP 7.3.x and PHP 7.2.X versions.
- Magento 2.3.3 fully supports Varnish 6.2.0.
- There is upgradation in Zend Framework 2 components to the active/LTS version.
2. Performance Boost
- Magento has refactored jQuery/ui library into separate widgets to amplify the performance of core modules. Now, core modules will load only those widgets they require. Moreover, to remove the dependency from jQuery/ui, Magento recommends module developers to update custom storefront code.
- Magento store pages will display texts in readable fonts to augment the page load speed.
- To boost the page load speed, non-critical CSS elements are moved to the bottom of the pages. This will allow browsers to quickly render the page and display it to users quickly.
- Now merchants have the access to turn off automatic URL rewrite generation attribute which was enabled by default in the Magento 2.3.2 version. When this attribute is active, Magento generates a humongous amount of data. This generated data rewrites multiple tables that hamper the Magento platform performance.
3. Improvements in Infrastructure
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 release notes enclose major improvements in infrastructure. It encompasses improvements in the framework and its modules like sales, catalogue, customer and ui, URL rewrite, and the list goes on. Moreover, the ‘What you see is what you get’ editor has been upgraded to Tiny MCE v. 4.9.5.
4. Page Builder
The following improvements are made in the page builder –
- It has become easier for non-technical users to manage HTML content.
- Admins now can define product order in a lucid manner.
- WYSIWYG upgrade to TinyMCE V.4.9.5 which provides better inline editing.
5. Merchant Tool Enhancements
For the clear understanding of admins’ user experience and the platform design, Magento has introduced an attribute to track user actions and events on the Admin. When you upgrade from Magento 2.3.2 to Magento 2.3.3 version, the administrative users will be directed to allow admin usage data collection. If users nod to data collection, the captured data will be sent to Adobe Analytics for analysis and reporting.
6. Enhancements in Inventory Management
Numerous bugs have been fixed in Inventory to improve Magento 2.3.3 platform functionalities and other significant features.
7. Enhancements in PWA Studio
PWA studio 4.0.0 encloses brand new hooks in Peregrine. Prevailing components of Magento 2.3.2 are refactored, which converts them to re-usable Peregrine hooks.
8. Google Shopping Ads Channel
There is one pivotal enhancement made in Magento commerce 2.3.3 instance, and that is the inclusion of google shopping Ads channel extension as a bundled extension. Refer to google shopping ads channel release notes to review all changes.
9. Enhancement in Graph QL
In the latest Magento commerce 2.3.3 instance, Graph QL functionalities are expanded manifold times to improve attributes like PayPal payment integrations, gift cards, credit features, and added mutations. Furthermore, numerous updates have been made in queries to support the following tasks.
- You can now redeem gift cards and convert them to store credit balance.
- You can update shopping cards to remove or add gift cards and check card balances.
- You can now add configurable products to cards.
10. Enhancement in Magento Shipping
Because of the sudden shutdown of Temando (the technology behind Magento shipping), it’s not possible for merchants anymore to create shipping accounts. Magento had made two significant enhancements in the Magento shipping attribute:
- There is continuous support for pre-package options and bundled products.
- Significant improvements in carrier integration, batch-order processing, and the shipping method preview!
11. Enhancements in Vendor-Developed Extensions
Apart from extensions developed by the third party, a new vendor-supplied extension Yotpo has been included in the Magento 2.3.3 version.
Those who don’t know, Yotpo is a highly-efficient content management platform which is now integrated in the Magento 2.3.3 instance. Yotpo allows merchants to collate and use user-generated content like product reviews and ratings.
- Significant improvement in catalog synchronization for custom and bundled products.
- Enhancement in communications for the abandoned cart.
Earlier, amazon pay wallet service was not compliant with PSD2 in the UK and Germany. In the Magento 2.3.3 instance, Amazon pay is now fully compliant with the PSD2 directive.
- New enhancements allow merchants to fetter sharing of customer’s information.
- Magento Commerce 2.3.3 instance now supports PayBright, a fabled payment coverage option in Canada.
- New Magento commerce instance now supports B2B transactions in select markets.
- Magento Commerce 2.3.3 instance now allows you to add custom fields to the Vertex connector.
- Now you can get support for vertex flexible fields. In the Magento platform, a vertex flexible field is an attribute that allows merchants to send additional information to the tax engine. This additional information is used in tax-assistant rules to define applicable tax on products.
- There are numerous attributed provided by default in the Magento instance like address attributes, product attributes, and administer-created custom attributes. There is separate documentation provided in Magento 2.3.3 version by README file on how integrators can add options in these attributes.
To harness all these Magento 2.3.3 attributes in a full-fledged way, you need to hire certified Magento developers who can upgrade your Magento 2.3.2 to Magento 2.3.3 version without losing any data and hampering your prevailing store performance.
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 Fixed Issues
More than 100 issues have been fixed in Magento 2.3.3 instance. Some of them are-
- 1. Bundle Products
- 2. B2B
- 3. Cache
- 4. Cart and Checkout
- 5. Cart Prices Rules
- 6. Installation, Upgrade, and Deployment
- 7. Clean up and Simple Coding Refactoring
- 8. CMS content
- 9. Configurable Products
- 10. Downloadable Products
To see all the fixed issues in detail, we recommend you to checkout official Magento commerce 2.3.3 release notes.
How to Download and Install Magento Commerce 2.3.3?
There is a myriad of ways to download and install Magento commerce 2.3.3. To download and install Magento commerce 2.3.3, you should click here.
When Magento Commerce 2.3.4 Will be Released?
There is no denying that Magento commerce 2.3.3 instance is packed with some robust functionalities and more efficient than Magento 2.3.3. However, there is always scope for improvisation. Till yet, no official announcement has come from Magento’s end regarding Magento 2.3.4 release. We recommend you to wait patiently until the magento commerce 2.3.4 releases.