Right after the release of Magento 2.3.2 instance in June 2019, most of the merchants and developers were eagerly waiting for the Magento 2.3.3 release.
As Magento 2.3.2 encloses a plethora of limitations that need to be fixed, the Magento platform recently released the latest Magento 2.3.3 instance which is packed with 75 security enhancements and more than 170 functional fixes.
In this post, we are going to state the key highlights and fixed issues enclosed in Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes. Moreover, we will also mention how to download Magento 2.3.3. Let’s get started!
Magento 2.3.3 Release Date
The announcement of Magento 2.3.3 release (open-source and commerce) was made by Magento on 8th October 2019.
Moreover, full Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes were also published on the same day.
The release announcement was also made on varied social media platforms, and it quickly becomes the hot debate topic among Magento developers and the Magento community.
Magento 2.3.3 Open Source New Updates
With the release of Magento 2.3.3 open source, Magento has made a gargantuan number of updates on the various levels to fix all the vulnerabilities found in Magento 2.3.2.
We are going to chalk out all the major updates made in Magento 2.3.3 instance, one at a time. All the updates that we have stated below are the brief up of Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes.
1. Security Updates
Magento has induced 3 pivotal security enhancements in Magento 2.3.3. instance.
- Made core payment methods compliant with PSD2.
- To eliminate cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities, Magento fixes security issues to consolidate the security of newly released Magento 2.3.3.
- Magento fixes colossal 75 principal security issues.
2. Platform Upgrades
To boost up Magento platform security and support PCI compliance, several upgrades are made. Let’s review them.
- Magento 2.3.3 now fully supports Varnish 6.2.0
- Magento 2.3.3 fully supports PHP 7.3.x and PHP 7.2.x
- Upgradation of Zend framework 2 components to the active/LTS versions.
3. Performance Boosts
- Page load speed was quite a severe issue in Magento 2.3.2 which has been fixed in Magento 2.3.3 version by moving the superfluous CSS elements to the bottom of the page. It is a disabled setting by default. However, you can enable it using Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Developer > CSS Settings > Use CSS critical path.
- To ensure core modules load only those widgets they need, the jQuery library has been refactored into separate widgets. This upgrade will amplify the performance of the core storefront tasks by leaps and bounds.
- Now, merchants can control the automatic URL rewrite generation aspect in Magento 2.3.3 instance. When this feature is active, Magento generates a massive amount of data for assigned products. This unsolicited data is saved into rewrite tables that actually dwindle the Magento performance.
- The text on store pages displays in readable fonts while loading custom fonts, which augments the overall page load speed.
4. Merchant Tool Enhancements
This is unquestionably one of the most intriguing aspects of Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes.
The ultimate aim of any Merchant is to delivering par excellent user experience to its customers. And that is only possible either by tracking your users’ behavior or by improvising the quality and design of your products.
magento 2.3.3 instance allows merchants to track user’s activities and events on the Admin. When you upgrade to Magento 2.3.3 instance, you can enable the admin usage data collection attribute to capture all Admin activities and send it to Adobe Analytics for analysing.
5. Infrastructure Improvements
Infrastructure improvement release is related to the improvement in the quality of framework and modules like checkout/one-page checkout, sales, catalogue, URLRewrite, customer, UI, and the list goes on.
Moreover, the ‘what you see is what you get’ editor has been upgraded to TinyMCE v.4.9.5.
6. PWA Studio
PWA is one of the most striking attributes of the Magento 2.3 version. In the Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes, enhancements have been made in PWA studio.
Now, PWA studio 4.0.0 encloses the brand new hooks in Peregrine. The prevailing components in PWA studio have also been refactored to re-use as Peregrine hooks.
7. Magento Shipping
Magento has made a massive change in the Magento shipping attribute. Earlier, it was possible for merchants to create the Magento shipping account. However, that’s not possible anymore because of the drastic shutdown of Tornado (the technology behind Magento shipping). The new-shipping implementations have been done in Magento 2.3.3 which includes –
- Improvement in carrier integration, batch-order processing, checkout, and the shipping order preview in the shipping portal
- Relentless support for pre-package options and bundled products
8. Google Shopping Ads Channel
The Google shopping ads channel extension which was missing in Magento 2.3.2 is no available as a bundled extension in Magento 2.3.3.
9. Vendor-developed Extension Enhancements
The release of the latest Magento 2.3.3 version encloses extensions created by third-party vendors. Apart from prevailing vendor extensions, it comprises a newly developed extension-Yotpo.
One of the most eminent user-generated content management platforms Yotpo is now integrated with Magento 2.3.3 instance. Yotpo makes the process of curating, gathering, and managing user-generated content like reviews seamless for merchants.
Amazon’s online payment processing service, Amazon pay, is not compliant with PSD2 in the UK and Germany.
Few updates have been made in Swedish online payment solution services Klarna in the Magento 2.3.3.
- It supports B2B transactions in Swedish markets.
- Paybright is now supported in the new version.
- Merchants can control the sending of user information.
- Catalog synchronization is improved for custom and bundled products.
- Some major enhancements have been made for the abandoned cart.
- In the vertex connector, you can add custom fields without any hassle.
- With the added support for vertex flexible fields, now, merchants can send crucial information to the tax engine which can be used in Tax assistant rules.
- Full-Fledged documentation is provided in the README file which can help in adding additional options to the prevailing attributes.
Fixed Issues in Magento 2.3.3
In the Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes, more than 170 new and known functional issues are fixed to make the Magento 2.3.3 more functional, efficient, and robust for merchants. We are going to state the three fixed issues, and the rest of the fixed issues you can find in the official open-source Magento 2.3.3 open source release notes.
- Unnecessary symbols are removed from the store-view drop-down menu.
- Magento 2.3.2 used to display incorrect currency codes when there is a difference between default currency and default website currency. That issue is fixed in Magento 2.3.3 codes.
- By using the Braintree payment method, you can easily check out bundle products with the payment method set to Authorize and Capture.
- Discount coupons now work perfectly for bundle products.
- The compatibility of the Varnish cache system has been upgraded to version 6.2.0.
- The checkout session data doesn’t clear out on the full-page cache when the Magento_Persistent module is disabled.
To see the complete fixed issues, we refer you open source magento 2.3.3 release notes.
How to Download Magento 2.3.3? How to Install Magento 2.3.3?
There are a couple of ways to download and install Magento 2.3.3. Firstly, according to your business requirements, decide whether you want to download Magento 2.3.3 open source or Magento 2.3.3 commerce.
When Magento 2.3.4 Will be Released?
After checking out the enhancements in Magento 2.3.3 version, a great chunk of the Merchants and developers are quite inquisitive about the release of Magento 2.3.4. However, there is no official amount of Magento 2.3.4 till yet. Let’s wait until the Magento drops any announcement.
To upgrade your Magento 2.3.2 instance to Magento 2.3.3, we suggest you to hire Magento 2 developers who can ensure the seamless upgradation without any data and business loss.