Last Updated on April 6, 2022
There are many enhancements and improvements in the performance and security of the new release of Adobe Commerce. Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 includes expansion of reCAPTCHA coverage and inclusion of built-in rate limiting. Core composer dependencies and 3rd party libraries have also been upgraded to the latest versions, compatible with newer PHP 8.
There are 370+ fixes in the core code, along with 33 security enhancements. All known issues of the previous release have also been fixed in this release.
Other Release Information
Although code for these features is bundled with the quarterly release of the Magento core code, for other projects such as Page Builder, PWA Studio releases independently. Issues of these projects are documented in the separate, project-specific release information.
Let’s go through the major highlights in this release:
Substantial Security Enhancements
In this release, there are 33 security fixes along with platform security improvements. These security fixes have been backported to Magento 2.4.2-p2 and Magento 2.3.7-p1.
These security improvements will close RCE (Remote Code Execution) and XX (Cross-site Scripting) vulnerabilities.
Other Security Enhancements
Security improvements also include compliance with the latest security best practices, such as:
- A new Composer plugin has been added to prevent dependency confusion and identify malicious packages with the same name as internal packages on the public package repository.
- Magento APIs now have Rate limiting features for preventing denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. There is also the ability to impose restrictions on the size of resources of Web APIs. The default value is 20.
ReCAPTCHA abilities have been expanded to include
- Web APIs with HTML pages are covered with ReCAPTCHA, excluding the web APIs accessible through integrations. ReCAPTCHA protects your Magento store from spam attacks. When the Web APIs are accessed through 3rd party integrations that use OAuth, ReCAPTCHA gets disabled.
- Payment-related web APIs and Place Order storefront page. ReCAPTCHA protection for these pages is disabled by default and can be enabled through Admin.
Also Read: Magento Review for eCommerce Stores
In Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 release, there are many enhancements for improving framework quality and these functional areas:
- Customer Account
- CMS and OMS
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
PayPal Pay Later is available for deployments, including PayPal.
Magento 2.4.3 is not fully compatible with PHP 8 and newer versions ye. However, these upgrades are helpful to bring compatibility closer.
- Upgrade the core composer dependencies and 3rd party libraries to the latest versions compatible with PHP 8 and newer versions.
- Upgrade the KnockoutJS library to the latest version 3.5.1
- Remove the deprecated TinyMCE version 3 library. The Magento_Tinymce3Banner module and MFTF tests related to TinyMCE v3.x have been removed from Adobe Commerce.
- Magento 2.4.3 has been tested to be compatible with Redis 6.0.12
- Laminas library dependencies should be upgraded to PHP 8 versions.
In Magento 2.4.3 release, some enhancements decrease Product price indexation time and Catalog rule indexers. Merchants also have the liberty to exclude a website from a customer group or shared catalog. Thus reducing the indexing records and improving indexing times.
Adobe Sensei powered Live Search functionality delivers an intuitive search experience using AI and ML algorithms to analyze aggregated visitor data deeply.
The GraphQL of Magento 2.4.3 supports the following features:
- Shared Catalogs
- Wish lists
- Gift Registries
- Negotiable Quotes
- Shared Routes
Magento 2.4.3 comes with B2B 1.3.2. There are multiple bug fixes in this release.
Page Builder is available as a separate extension in this Magento release. It is now the default content editing tool for Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 and Magento Open Source 2.4.3. Using it, you can replace the WYSIWG editor with any 3rd party module.
Page Builder can replace the TinyMCE editor in these admin areas:
- CMS Page
- CMS Block
- Category Description
- Product Description
Check the PWA Studio releases to know about the improvements and bug fixes.
Upgrade Compatibility Tool
The Upgrade compatibility tool scope has been increased based on the feedback from the community.
Cloud Managed Service Updates
This release has improvements to support Amazon Simple Store Service (AWS S3) and Amazon Aurora cloud managed services. It provides certified support for AWS ElastiCache, AWS ElasticSearch, and AWS Managed Queues (Rabbit MQ).
Adobe Stock Integration
This release includes Adobe Stock Integration 2.1.1
Build Your Own eCommerce Store
Hire Adobe Commerce Developers
Vendor Developed Extensions
Go through these topics to know about the changes and features in this release:
- Amazon Pay: In the upcoming Magento 2.4.x, Amazon Pay will be removed and has been deprecated in this release.
- dotdigital Engagement Cloud
- Vertex Cloud
- Yotpo Product Reviews
Hundreds of issues have been fixed in this release.
Installation, Upgrade, Deployment
- The binMagentoo setup:db:status command now returns an indicator message telling that everything is up to date.
- When the creation of a new configurable product fails, the values are now preserved on load.
- If you run bin/magento setup: upgrade, Magento will now not throw an exception.
- Previously created cart price rules are now displayed on the Content Staging dashboard page after deployment is upgraded from Magento Open Source to Magento Commerce.
And other issues…
AdminGWS now utilize int values for the website_id SQL condition in Admin collections for administrators with custom permissions.
Adobe Stock Integration
Magento displays an informative and a link to the Admin Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System page on the Search for Adobe Stock Page when API Key (Client ID) and Client Secret are not set.
- Admins having restricted access will not be3 able to edit categories having global scope.
- The generated system report (System > Support > System Report) is now rendered correctly.
- Magento now turns off validation on the Price field as expected when the Dynamic price setting is enabled during bundle product creation.
- No longer existence of infinite redirects when the Admin URLs differs from the default website URL in deployments where Magento is configured to be accessible from two URLs.
- Use addProductsToCart mutation for adding bundled products with multiple checkbox options.
- Price indexing of bundled products is executed using temporary tables
- Now, it is possible to set a bundled item price at 0.00. Earlier, when you return to the edit page after setting the price to 0.00, the price returned to the default value.
- Bundled product stock status is updated based on the stock status of its child products.
- Addition, removal, and updating a child product to a bundle product through REST API calls now triggers re-indexing as expected.
- Magento now displays the correct price range for bundle products with tier prices.
And other issues.
The varnish6.vcl file has been updated to bypass caching of the customer page.
- The data provided by a customer is correctly validated by the CAPTCHA and CAPTCHA fields will be displayed as expected.
- CAPTCHA validation no longer fails randomly on the payment page
- After exceeding the defined number of attempts, the CAPTCHA fields displayed by Magento are expected.
- CAPTCHA now works as expected on the checkout page.
The other issues are related to these features:
- Cart and Checkout
- Catalog rule
- CMS content
- Configurable products
- Content security policy
- Custom customer attributes
- Customer segment
- Dynamic Block
- General fixes
- Gift Cards
- Gift Message
- Gift Registry
- Gift Wrapping
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Media Gallery
- Payment Methods
- Product Video
- Return Merchandise Authorizations
- Sales Rule
- Translation and locales
- URL rewrites
- Version CMS
- Visual Merchandiser
- Web API framework
- Website restriction
- Wish list
And Known issues
In this article, we have gone through many different aspects of the new release of Adobe Commerce 2.4.3. Similar improvements are in the Magento Open Source 2.4.3. At Emizentech, the best Magento development company, we have expertise in developing Magento stores from scratch. Let us know your requirements.