Last Updated on January 21, 2022
This article entails the release notes of Magento Commerce 2.3.5 which includes all the major fixes, upgrades, security enhancements, and much more. Finally, the release notes of the much-awaited Magento Commerce 2.3.5 have been released. There is a myriad of features & functionalities enhancements, bug & error fixes, platform upgrades, performance improvements, and other numerous changes.
In this release, there are more than 180 fixes to the functionalities of the core product and 25 enhancements of the security issues. Along with this, there are 46 GitHub issues which have been fixed by our huge community members. The community members contribution lies from cleaning up core code to enhancements in Inventory Management & GraphQL.
When Magento Commerce 2.3.5 notes will release?
The Magento Commerce 2.3.5 will release in April 2020. The announcement has been made official on the Magento Site.
What are new updates and fixed issues in the Magento Commerce 2.3.5?
As we have already mentioned, the new release of Magento commerce 2.3.5 come up with more than 180 functional fixes and 25 plus security enhancements.
Now the merchants can install time-sensitive security fixes without needing numerous functional fixes or enhancements that come up with a full quarterly release. You can also check the security updates available for Magento in detail.
You must know that the code for most features comes in bundles with the release of Magento core code, however, there are features like Page Builder, Inventory Management, Progressive Web Applications Studio, which are also released independently.
Now, let’s discuss all the major highlights in this release:
1. Substantial Security Enhancements:
There are more than 25 enhancements in security which close the Remote Code Execution (RCE) along with Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities. Currently, no major attacks have found to date. These vulnerabilities can help the attackers to take over Admin or accessing customer information. But firstly, the attacker would require to access admin. Hence, we say, protect your Admin panel by all possible means such as IP whitelisting, two-factor authentication, use of a VPN, the use of a unique location, and maintain a highly secure password.
Apart from these security measures, there are two more major enhancements:
- CSP Implementation: Content Security Policy, an HTTP response header, is used by the browser for enhancing the web page security. It detects attacks, like cross-site scripting & data injection attacks.
- Session id removal from URLs: Session id presence in URLs create a potential threat, hence removing code from the classes and session ids from URLs gives more protection.
2. Platform Upgrades:
In this release, there are numerous upgrades in the platform which enhance the overall performance and security of the Magento platform.
- Elasticsearch 7.5 support: In this release, Elasticsearch 7.5 support both Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source. Now the Magento 2.3.x support Elasticsearch 6.x as well as 7.x, however, the earlier versions of Elasticsearch are deprecated for Magento 2.3.x.
- No support for 3rd Party Payment methods core integration: Core integration of payment methods such as Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay are now deprecated. Magento will not provide support for the integration of core feature and in the next release of Magento 2.4.0, these features will be removed. Therefore, if you are a seller, move to the official extensions available on the Magento marketplace.
- Signifyd fraud protection code core integration is no longer in support: The core feature of Signifyd fraud protection code, Magento doesn’t provide support to it any more. Hence, you should move to the official extension of Signifyd Fraud & Chargeback Protection, available on the Magento Marketplace.
3. Performance Boosts:
Magento has aimed in its release to provide a significant boost in the overall performance of the Magento Commerce.
- The customer data invalidation logic has been improved in this release. There is a new way invalidating customer sections data which can avoid the issue with local storage when custom sections.xml invalidations are active.
- There are optimizations in the Redis performance. The queries which performed on each Magento request in Redis have been minimized. The major optimizations are:
- The data transfers between Redis & Magento has been decreased.
- Redis consumption of CPU cycles gets decrease.
- Redis write operations in race conditions gets reduce.
4. Infrastructure Improvements:
There are enhancements of improving the core quality of code, along with its modules such as catalogue, sales, PayPal, Elasticsearch, Import, CMS, and B2B.
The PayPal Pro payment method can now work in the Chrome 80 browser. Earlier, it invoked a Magento callback endpoint that needed access to the customer’s session.
A PHPStan code analysis check has been integrated into Magento static builds.
5. Merchant tool enhancements:
There have been several enhancements in the merchant tools including the templates, video backgrounds for rows, banners, and sliders, full height rows, banners, sliders, and content type upgrade library.
6. Inventory Management:
In this release, the inventory management enhancements are:
- New bulk API for IsProductSalableForRequestedQtyInterface which is usable for cart verification and checkout process.
- New extension for SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider
- Can view allocated inventory sources from the Orders list
You can use the queries of products and categoryList for getting information about the same respectively which are added to a staged –campaign.
8. PWA Studio:
For knowing about the enhancements in the PWA studio, and other improvements, you can go through this link of PWA Studio releases precisely.
In this release, there is an integration of Engagement cloud and Magento B2B which enables Magento B2B merchants to leverage their B2B commerce data and better engage with their prospective and existing customers. It includes syncing of company data, catalogue data, quote data.
10. Google Shopping ads channel:
In the Magento 2.3.5 Commerce release, the Google Shopping ads channel has come to its end. However, there are many other similar extensions available on the Magento Marketplace.
Learn More – Benefits of migrating Magento 1 to Magento 2
There are more than 18 fixes in the Magento 2.3.5 Commerce release. Check the official site to see B2B release notes.
12. Vendor-developed extension enhancements:
There have been many improvements in the extensions by third-party vendors for a better quality and user experience improvements. Some of the extensions are Klarna, Yotpo, Vertex etc.
In this release, the Magento experts and community developers have fixed tons of issues in Magento 2.3.5 core code.
1. Install, upgrade & deploy:
The previous link of Admin > Stores > Settings > Configuration > General > Advanced Reporting can be open in a new tab as expected.
Also, the website can be removed along with its scope settings in app/etc/config.php as per the expected user.
From Admin, the configuration settings which disabled are no longer editable.
2. Adobe Stock Integration:
- The preview of images now gets close as per the UX flow, when you navigate to a new page of search results
- The details of the images are also hidden when you click on the image within the search results
- Navigation of next images in the preview through the keyboard keys.
- The Search Stock Images button now remains active as UX flow when you have saved an image from media after searching.
Apart from these, there have been major fixes in the Analytics, bundle products, B2B, Cache, Cart and Checkout, Catalog, CatalogInventory, Catalog price rule, Widget, CMS, etc.
How to setup and download Magento 2.3.5 Commerce? How should I upgrade my current platform to the Magento 2.3.5 Commerce?
You can easily download the Magento 2.3.5 release from the Magento official site. However, for setting up or upgrading your current to the latest Magento version, you will be required the team of Magento experts with a vast experience in Magento.
When Magento 2.3.6 will get released?
After adopting the features of Magento 2.3.5 the developers’ community will start waiting for the next release Magento 2.3.6 for more new updates. However, every platform comes up with its new release after finding all the potential issues, new features & functionalities which can improve the flow and better security.