With the accelerating eCommerce market, more new businesses are emerging to increase market revenue by several levels. Even though online marketing form has eased a lot of traditional barriers of physical marketing, there are a lot of hurdles that one needs to address at the earliest. One such hurdle is the maintenance and management of online stores.
While there are many platforms for the development of ecommerce websites, you won’t get the facility of maintenance and management. Without these, you will face dwindling sales, fewer revenues, and other issues. This is where Magneto and Shopify step in! These online platforms are ideal for creating ecommerce websites, managing all the operations, and maintaining the digital media through which you will be connecting with the audience.
However, not everyone can decide which one is best suited for their ecommerce websites or applications. If you mistakenly select the wrong platform, you might be stuck in jeopardy. It may even result in zero revenues and a loss of investment. Owing to this reason, we have explained all the details you would require to decide whether you need Shopify or Magneto to develop the ecommerce platform and manage and maintain all operations.
Table of Contents
What Is Magento 2? Now Known As Adobe Commerce
Magento Commerce, now known as Adobe Commerce, is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms that most merchants prefer for their stores. It is an open-source platform, ensuring that every member can get the desired help when required. The three prime pillars that make this online platform best are:
1. Marketing Techniques
It packs some of the best marketing features with which you can increase brand awareness, target the right audience, build and process campaigns, and even analyze the results to develop your strategies.
2. Search Engine Optimization
With the help of search engine optimization, you will be able to increase the visibility of your website in the SERPs. More audiences will be able to view your store, and the traffic will increase further. This will also lead to improving conversion ratio and generated leads.
3. Catalog Management
Maintaining the product catalog, using the filters to reduce the list, and sorting them based on certain features are the three most crucial tasks you need to do. This will ensure your customers are satisfied and have an amazing online shopping experience.
What Is Shopify?
Like WordPress serves as the engine for making blogging websites, Shopify does the same for online merchants. You can create your ecommerce website through it, manage all the functionalities, incorporate plugins for extensions, and maintain the overall performance. One of the cornerstones of using Shopify is its interactive user interface.
Also read: Complete review of Shopify for eCommerce
Whether you have prior experience in ecommerce or not, Shopify will help you design the perfect website or application without any fear. Some of the major functions of this online platform are discussed below.
- It helps you create a perfect storefront or a medium through which you can interact with the customers and tell them about who you are and what your store is about. A storefront will also help you conduct sales, arrange promotional campaigns, and collect revenues.
- You can highlight or display any number of products using Shopify. You have tons in hand, from making a product catalog to incorporating different filter categories and options.
- With the help of Shopify’s marketing tools, you can easily keep your customers engaged so that they can buy products from your store. You can also retain them and ensure future purchases, thus taking the revenues up by several notches.
- Payment processing through Shopify is one of the easiest and most secure actions. When running an ecommerce store, your main concern will be to accept payments, process them, and secure all the user details. Doing these tasks all by yourself is not easy, so you have got Shopify.
What To Expect From Adobe Commerce (Magento 2)?
Are you wondering how Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) can revolutionize your online ecommerce business like no one else?
If you are concerned about this particular fact, there is nothing wrong. Unless and until you are aware of everything, you won’t be able to use the platform to its fullest. So, let’s have a glance at the packed features Magento has.
- One of the major add-ons that have changed the operations of Magento is artificial intelligence. AI has made it possible to include chatbots on your online platform and establish virtual communication with customers.
- You will have more opportunities to personalize every customer’s marketing experience on your online store. For instance, dividing your customers based on certain demographics will give you an upper hand in sending unique emails and improving their experience. You can also enable the push notification feature for real-time activity tracking.
- To support the changing digital world, you will be able to make payments flexible by incorporating different online methods. You can also increase the page load time to improve customer experience and satisfaction.
Build Your Own eCommerce Store
Hire eCommerce Developers
What To Expect From Shopify?
Like Magento, Shopify has also incorporated a wide range of features, making online shopping much easier for merchants. In this section below, we have described some of the features you must know before choosing this platform.
- You will be able to integrate the online store with Amazon, thereby ensuring it becomes more visible to your target audience. Taking a business on such a popular platform is a blessing.
- With Shopify, you can easily integrate several social media features like Facebook News, Facebook Shop, etc.
- One of the main things you can do with Shopify is to develop a retail POS. It is a system where you can connect your business apps with physical selling points. For example, if you use a warehouse management system, you can integrate it with the computer used at the physical store.
Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) Reviews
Shopify Pros & Cons
Pros Of Shopify
- Shopify is one of the easiest platforms to use. You won’t have to ask for help or seek tutorials to learn its usage.
- All the templates you will find here are very user-friendly, and they can help you create an appealing website.
- Any abandoned cart with items in it that no action has been taken will be saved automatically across all pricing plans.
- Shopify is known for its dropshipping feature.
- You will have the full liberty of including 20 language options for your ecommerce website and application.
- Thanks to its exclusive email marketing tool, you will be able to send 10000 emails a month.
Cons Of Shopify
- You won’t be able to add more than three product categories. All you can do is create 1000 variations of each product category.
- You have to get the pricey premium plans to access the exclusive reporting feature.
- If you integrate the Shopify Payment method, you will be able to accept payments only from a certain list of countries.
- If you do not upload all product images with a fixed aspect ratio, that file won’t be displayed on the platform.
Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) Pros & Cons
Pros Of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 )
- One of the cornerstones of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) is its flexibility and ease of use. Access its open-source network to diversify your knowledge if you are stuck anywhere.
- You can get a chatbot for your website to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- With the help of Magento, you will be able to scale the website or application features. Hence, improving or upgrading the existing features can be done in a snap.
- Another benefit of using the Magento platform is its mobile-friendly or responsive design. Your customers will be able to access the application across a wide range of devices and OS.
- Magento is best suited for both medium and large-scale businesses. This way, you won’t have to look for third-party integrations or the addition of multiple plugins to extend the platform’s features.
Cons Of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 )
- Using Magento on your desktop might become a problem as it is harder to install.
- The pricing plans of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) are costly and become unsuitable for most beginners. This is why it can become a little inconvenient.
- Developing an ecommerce platform using Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) is very difficult. This is why you might have to outsource the services to another company known for this function.
Market Trend Of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) Vs Shopify
1. Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) Market Trend
- Worldwide Magento google trends data for the last 5 years
- Worldwide Adobe Commerce google trends data for the last 5 years
2. Shopify Market Trend
- Worldwide Shopify google trends data for the last 5 years
Magento 2 Vs Shopify Google Trends Comparison
- WorldWide 5-year google trends comparison of Magento Vs Shopify
- Magento 2
Shopify Plus stores have a higher conversion rate (2.6% vs. 1.6%) but a lower average session value ($2.12 vs. $3.23). Shopify Plus stores with customised themes have a higher mobile bounce rate (55 percent vs 51 percent for Magento).
Things That Make A Difference
There are certain things you should know to know more about the differences between Magento 2 and Shopify. In this below section, we have described everything you must be aware of.
Compared to Shopify, the pricing plans of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) are cheaper. So, if you are running on a budget, you can go with the second option.
Pricing Plans Of Shopify:
- Shopify Basic: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Shopify Advanced: $299 per month
Pricing Plans Of Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ):
- For Adobe Commerce (Magento), the price starts at $22,000 up to $125,000 per year. The license for Adobe Commerce Cloud starts at $40,000 up to $190,000 per year.
- Adobe Commerce offers a free trial. For additional pricing details contact adobe commerce.
2. Page Speed
Page speed for Shopify is much more than Magento 2, which is why most businesses use this particular platform. Apart from this, its performance is excellent, ensuring you can attract the required number of audiences. On the contrary, if we consider Magento 2, it is yet to reach that level which is why we cannot say that the performance of this platform is blazing fast.
3. Ease Of Use
If we have to compare Shopify and Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) based on their ease of use, we need to compare two different factors.
- Magento is a bit more difficult than Shopify based on the user interface. This is primarily because of the next-gen technologies involved with Magento. However, you won’t be able to find the same thing in Shopify. But its user-friendly and intuitive user interface reduces half of the effort you have to put in.
- If we consider the ease of use in terms of installation and setup, Shopify will again win the competition. You can easily download this as a desktop app and start using it. All you need to do is log in to your account, and voila! But downloading and setting up Magento is not easy, sod additional help.
4. Design & Templates
If we consider designs and templates, you will be able to work faster and easier with Shopify. This is because all the themes and other designs are completely user-friendly. You can even customize them without the use of code. This particular feature is not present with Magento 2.
5. Inventory Management
Magento 2 is the winner in the case of inventory management as you will get some of the most amazing features like bulk uploads of products from the databases, automatic updates of tables with the new stocks, sales, and so on. On the other hand, Shopify cannot work as efficiently as the other platform.
6. Blogs & Content
The blog and content features are far more advanced for Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) than for Shopify. Magento 2 offers outstanding SEO features that ensure you can optimize your content easily and reach out to more customers.
The SEO features of Shopify are slightly less efficient than Magento.
One of the cornerstones of Shopify is the ample options of integration with third-party apps and websites. From warehouse management systems to online retail platforms, Shopify will offer outstanding options. On the other hand, Magento 2 is not so advanced when it comes down to integrating with other applications.
9. Apps & Plugins
Plugins and app integration are far better for Shopify than Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ), regardless of what pricing plan you have chosen.
10. Payment Options and Transaction Fees
If we consider various payment options, then Shopify has won the race. It integrates multiple payment gateways, and the transaction fees are lower. On the other hand, Magento doesn’t come with so many different options.
Yes, you can dropship with Magento as well as Shopify but dropshipping with Shopify is very easy and less costly.
Some of the best security options that you will get from Shopify are built-in detection of fraud, SSL certificates, and the compliance certificate of PCI-DSS. On the other hand, Magento 2 doesn’t offer so many advanced-level security features.
13. Customer Support
Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) doesn’t offer 24X7 customer support. But for Shopify, you will get this facility that will help your customers get their queries answered.
14. Sales Features
With the help of a sales report, Shopify can easily help you understand how your sales team is performing. On the other hand, Magento won’t be able to offer such features.
15. Build Time
Magento needs more time to complete the application development. However, with Shopify, you can easily complete the app development process.
How Easy Is It To Migrate Between Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) and Shopify?
1. Where Does Shopify Win?
- Development time
- Themes and designs
- Customer support
- Sales reports
2. Where Does Magento 2 Win?
- Pricing plans
- AI integrations
Magento 2 vs. Shopify: Which One Should You Go For?
It is a very tough decision because unless and until you understand how Shopify and Magento can revolutionize your business, you won’t be able to decide which platform you should choose. So, we suggest going through the features and understanding which are more important for your business. Once you are done with it, you can cross-verify the same with the features of both Shopify and Magento 2. This way, you can easily understand which platform stands out the most.
How Can We Help You?
We at Emizentech ensure that all your queries can get solved with the help of our consultants. Our experts will help you understand various aspects of both Shopify and Magento to understand which option will be suitable for you.
We have a team of strong and experienced Magento 2 developers as well as Shopify developers who are well aware of how to use the features of either platform and come up with the best product. This is why you won’t regret collaborating with us.
Since now you are aware of how Adobe Commerce (Magento 2 ) and Shopify are different, your main concern will be their strong and weak points with your business requirements. As a result, you can easily decide which platform to go with. Do not decide in haste, as that might lead you to serious consequences.
Frequently Asked Questions about Adobe Commerce (Magento 2) vs Shopify
No, Shopify is much better than Magento 2. You have 24X7 customer support, customizable themes with no code requirement, a sales analysis report, and more than 1000 plugins for app integration. You won’t be able to find the same thing in the case of Magento.
Both Shopify and Magento 2 are the top-rated ecommerce platforms. However, both come with different features, so you must understand them properly. Once you understand, you can easily decide which one to go with. For example, if you need a retail POS, Shopify is the best option over Magento. Similarly, if pricing is your concern, Magento 2 is the ideal option.
Shopify is much older than Magento and comes with several user-friendly features. You have more security features, multiple payment options, lower transaction fees, etc.
Shopify is available for free. However, the features are limited, which is why you must be sure that you want to use that particular platform without paying any money or not.