Last Updated on January 30, 2023
Until a few years ago, everyone believed that mobile applications would surpass web development technologies in the race of online e-commerce. But then the web development technologies evolve and found quite quickly, easy to use and convenient replacement. It is the development of Progressive Web Application technology. This article will go through all the aspects of Shopware Progressive Web Application, its technologies, advantages, disadvantages, and why Shopware PWA is unique.
What Is Shopware Progressive Web Application?
Shopware PWA allows you to create a website visually and functionally resembling a native mobile application, and only it will be displayed on a web browser. It is developed using web development technologies and can run on multiple devices with different platforms, i.e., it is not limited to an Android or iOS platform, unlike a mobile app.
Technologies Used In Shopware PWA Development
Why Should You Use A PWA For Your Shopware eCommerce Store?
In today’s time, smartphones and high-speed internet are available to almost every millennial. There has been a great increase in mobile users for e-commerce shopping. It has been estimated that in 2019, there were sales of $2.3 trillion in 2019, which has been expected to reach the figure of $3.5 trillion, in 2021 globally. This comprises nearly three-fourths of total ecommerce sales. As an e-commerce store owner, you can’t lose sales by not having a presence on your audience’s smartphones. Every business is trying to deliver a better shopping experience on people’s smartphones, and PWA technology is like a boon for this purpose. It lets you deliver an app-like experience with no extra cost. Many prominent companies such as Twitter, Alibaba, Trivago, Walmart, etc., have already started leveraging this technology to increase conversion rates and growth. ]
Let’s Understand In Deep The Benefits Of PWA For Your eCommerce Store
1.Easy To Install
Users have to search the app on the App Store in a mobile app installation process, download it, and then install it. But PWA installation is quite easier. Users can directly download and install the PWA from the website. It bypasses the Windows Store, App Store, Play Store, and others. When the users download a PWA, they can access it through a desktop icon. Many browsers even offer CTA, which encourages the users to download the PWAs while they visit a website.
2.Offline Availability Of Content
PWAs provide session continuity which impacts the conversion rates on your e-commerce stores. Even if the user’s internet stopped working, they will be able to add products to their cart or view the website’s content, enter essential information in the checkout form, and much more. The checkout will get automatically complete when the internet resumes. The PWA synchronizes the information and updates it.
3. High Download Speed
Compared to a regular website, the Shopware progressive web app is quite fast in terms of loading and responding to user’s actions. This technology resolves the problem of slow download even on a weaker internet connection.
Thus, if you develop PWA for your Shopware Store, you don’t need to worry about the page load speed. PWA uses Service Workers, an API that caches important assets and files for accessing offline content. Thus, even if there is a low or no network, the PWA will continue to work. It also intercepts requests and manages responses from the server.
Shopware 6 PWA of the Vue Storefront Application achieved a download speed of an e-store catalog of 0.1 seconds
4. Push Notifications
PWA can send push notifications just like a native mobile app. You can use these push notifications for sending important updates by which you can always stay in touch with users, increasing their interest and engagement. It also increases the customer retention rate as well. As per a report, almost 60% of the users allow the PWAs to send push notifications. This increases the chances for online business owners to promote or sell their products or services.
PWAs are based on HTTPS, i.e., SSL certificates for data safety. It mitigates any data security risk and allows precluding snooping and content tampering.
6. SEO Friendly
We all know the importance of traffic in our e-commerce stores. A PWA of your Shopware store has the most chances to be ranked by the search engine as it is fast and can act as an indexable web page.
Successful Examples Of PWA Implementation In eCommerce
As we mentioned above, many prominent companies have started using PWA and saw significant improvement in their KPIs, such as loading speed, conversion, etc. Here are a few insights into them
- AliExpress saw an increase in conversion rates of 82% (in comparison to the iOS app) and 104% for new users after developing PWA for its store.
- Lancôme’s conversion rate increased by 17% after developing the PWA version of their website.
- Rooted Objects improved their conversion rates by 162%, revenue increase of 44%, and page load speed increased by 25% using PWA.
What Are The Advantages & Disadvantages Of Shopware PWA
Just like any other technology, we should know the benefits and demerits of PWA technology as well.
Advantages Of Shopware PWA
- Users can download PWA apps on their smartphones, tablets, laptop, or desktops. Almost every other operating system supports PWA.
- Users don’t need to download or install a PWA. Unlike a native mobile app, the updates also get install automatically.
- Online merchants don’t need to spend a huge sum on mobile apps, as a single PWA can work on both iOS and Android devices
- In comparison to native mobile apps, PWAs are quite smaller in size as they effectively leverage the power of the browser. Thus it results in a rapid installation, as all the necessary components are already installed in the cache when the user first loads the website.
- Caching strategy and Service Worker guarantee offline access to the resource.
- Since 2019, PWAs can be installed in two ways: bypassing app stores or through app stores such as Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc.
- Ability to switch to PWA from social media links, from SERPs while on the site
- Pop-up notifications and offline access, and all other PWA functionality will work without installing the application.
Disadvantages Of Shopware PWA
- Currently, some operating systems, browsers, or devices support only partial PWA features
- Offline features are limited
- You can’t make full out of iOS as the system version must be 11.3+. Also, there are restrictions for features such as Siri, In-App payments, etc.
- PWA sometimes increases battery consumption
What Makes Shopware PWA Unique?
The Shopware PWA comes with very simplified and easy integration for developers, maximum compatibility with Shopware 6 features, high performance, and access to different marketing professional tools.
1. Unrestricted Creativity
The Shopware PWA frontend is highly flexible and has been developed using a powerful UI library, allowing creative designs and functionalities without any restriction. Using Shopware PWA, you can create a design without worrying about the backend and improve the overall user experience.
2. I love The Stack
The Vue.js app runs on top of Nuxt.js, which makes the frontend development very amiable. Shopware PWA has been built from scratch to incorporate the latest frontend tech and best practices followed by the Vue.js community.
3. Built For Enterprise-Level Complexity
At Emizentech, we understand the need for enterprise-level companies and their challenges to deliver a better customer experience. There is a need for complex functionality, with minimum page load time (less than a second) and an intuitive frontend. The Shopware PWA has been built considering all these things and allows you to integrate your WMS for order tracking or PIM system for products.
4. Quick Integration
Marketing experts or sales managers use tools in which they are comfortable for either managing content, hyper-personalization, on product pages, or tracking user behavior across the entire customer journey. You can easily integrate these tools in Shopware PWA.
5. Vue Storefront: Top PWA Storefront For Shopware 6
Vue Storefront is an open-source frontend that has been built on the headless commerce architecture. Therefore, the frontend developers can make changes in the frontend without impacting the backend. It lets you deliver a better mobile experience in comparison to the other PWA solutions. In the last few years, the popularity of Vue Storefront has grown exponentially. The results of this technology were really impressive in terms of business metrics such as:
- 60% higher mobile engagement
- It takes less than 1 second to load on mobile
- App size gets reduced by 90% in comparison to a native mobile app
In this article, we have gone through all the aspects of the Shopware 6 PWA, its technologies, advantages, disadvantages, and why Shopware PWA unique. At Emizentech, the best Shopware development company in India, we have expertise in developing shopware PWA apps using Vue Storefront and other platforms. We can develop exciting e-commerce stores from scratch on Shopware and built their PWAs as well. Let us know your requirements.