An application is made up of various building blocks that are lines of code. Using these building blocks, developers design various operations and functions, which are then combined into a solution package. But writing various lines of codes is quite a troublesome work. Therefore to minimize the work for programmers, Low code development platforms were introduced in the market. By using which the application development can be both easier and faster.
In this article, we have described the most popular low code development platforms in 2020. These are the platforms that can be utilized for building desktop, mobile, and web applications.
What is a low-code development platform?
The main purpose of the low-code development platform is to simplify the process of application designing. They are also termed as rapid application development platforms.
By utilizing these platforms, businesses can automate the repetitive processes related to hiring and designing simple applications without any involvement of developers. The traditional application development requires hand-coding and follows strict system requirements. Whereas with a low code development platform, drag and drop environment is there where various features and functionalities can be combined together. The major benefit of using low code development tools is that it eradicates the requirement of hiring a professional developer.
Various junior programmers or non-coders who are not that much qualified to develop high-quality software from scratch prefer low code development. Also, these platforms are best for companies that are willing to create business applications with limited budget and time.
Solutions that can be developed using low code platforms
By using Low code development platforms, developers can build form simple interactive web applications to complex digital products. Most sought digital solutions are as follows:
- Business Process management
- Customer Relation Management
- Case Management
- Robotic Process Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobility Solutions
- Sales & Marketing Application
- Customer Self Service Application
- B2B, B2E Mobile Applications
- Workflow and Coloration
- Project Management Software
- Industry-specific digital Systems
- Native Apps
- Mobile Apps for IOS and Android
Benefits of low code development platforms
By using low code development platforms, businesses can create applications on their own and can simplify the development process for coders by automating the manual processes. Various benefits that low code development platforms provide are as follows:
The application, which is designed using low-code platforms,, helps the company to become more agile. Rather than using coding visual, designs are used for speeding up the development process. By combining less coding with automation, testing applications can be designed faster.
A decrease in Cost
These platforms provide the ability to design more applications in lesser time, which therefore decreases the cost. The low code development also reduces the requirement for more developers, which directly reduces the hiring cost. And by selecting the correct low code development platform, everyone in the organization, regardless of IT, becomes more productive.
Increase in Productivity
Earlier, the application development process used to take months, however, by utilizing low code development platforms, and this time duration now can be reduced to days or even minutes. Low code development platforms help in increasing productivity by decreasing the time required to write complex web and mobile app code and more number of applications can be designed in less time.
Enhances the customer experience
The changing trends of market and customer’s choices can be well managed with the help of low code development platforms, which directly improves the customer’s experience.
Adaptation of changes
With low code development, changes related to the new requirements can be easily implemented in the application. Immediate changes can be facilitated by low code development rather than getting into the complex coding.
Low code Development Platforms that are best in the Industry
Salesforce App Cloud
Salesforce, a platform that is used for low code development, allows the developers to easily design and deploy the cloud applications which are secure and scalable. For automating the business needs, it delivers some tools and services and later integrates them with third-party applications.
- Extensive marketplace for pre-built applications and components.
- For developing complex automated logic, drag and drop interface builders can be used.
- Possess high security and identity configuration features.
- Mobile applications can be designed in the Salesforce framework with complete built-in collaboration.
- Possess the best design capabilities for designing mobile and tablet applications.
Appian, which accompanies its own IDE, is one of the pioneers on the low-code development platform. It is a platform that is utilized for creating applications and for deploying them as a service that can be used internally for corporate usage.
In comparison with the other platforms, Appian can be accessed only from certain countries. Legacy applications can be linked in Appian by using APIs, and further reports can be generated. In order to implement any CSS or HTML element directly in Appian, a special graphical tool needs to be used, which is provided by the platform. As in Appian, customization of the user interface is limited.
- Separates application creation and personalization.
- Complex logic can easily be modeled by using a decision engine.
- Applications that can be designed by using Appian can help in the market competition 20x faster with limited resources.
- Simplified process modeler.
In low code development platforms, OutSystems is one of the professional and powerful frameworks comprising its own IDE, which is rich in functionality, a huge number of features, templates, and third-party repositories.
By using Outsystems, many users can develop modules simultaneously, and managing applications, users, and roles is easy with this framework. The development process of a website or an application is easy with OutSystems as it takes care of the standard difficult parts allowing the development team to keep their entire focus over solving real-world problems.
For designing databases, developers can decide to use either officially supported databases or by using standard code. ODBC / DBC drivers or proprietary APIs can work with other databases too. With Outsystems, users get an option for customization. The user interface can be customized i.e., HTML elements can be created, and their styles can be changed with CSS.
Application performance can be monitored by using an OutSystems platform. The performance bottlenecks can be identified easily, and further necessary actions can be taken. Therefore by optimizing the automatically generated code, the high level of performance can be ensured.
- Build up the full-stack applications genuine brisk and convey with a single tick.
- Effectively interface your applications to any framework.
- Provides rich mobile experience and responsive web applications.
- The safety of the application can be ensured right from starting to deployment by following all security measures.
- It encompasses real-time performance dashboards, which ensures great user experience.
Microsoft Power Apps enables users to design an application from the beginning by using models or based on databases. The major advantage of PowerApp is that the employees can get access to corporate development tools from developers so that they can independently create the applications and the services that they require. Further, developers use Azure services for creating these mobile apps, web-based apps, and API.
Mobile app Developers who are at the beginner level or do not possess much experience in programming can use this platform as it contains a rich set of free templates.
- Incorporates with Office 365, Power BI and Dynamics 365 as a matter of course.
- It provides a wide choice of UI objects and pre-built templates.
- It can easily connect with various third-party applications.
- By using Microsoft flow, advanced workflow automation can be done.
- Basic applications can be developed without any coding very easily.
It is a convenient and easy to use platform which can be deployed in just one click and also ensures a high level of fault tolerance. Mendix is an open platform that comprises a wide range of controls, and the framework can be customized by only using CSS. CSS / Sass are used in Mendix, and it supports integration with Bootstrap. In Mendix, there is an in-built visual UI customization tool that has an option from which personalized styles and color schemes can be created.
For monitoring the performance of the application, there are three Mendix monitoring tools that can be used:
- Monitor the application quality.
- Testing suite
- Monitor application performance.
- Comprises in-built templates and comprehensive app store.
- Native mobile applications that are specific to users and developers can be designed easily.
- Tools for quality monitoring and automated testing of the software.
- Tools available for application analysis.
Zoho creator is a platform that is attractive and can easily be used by the developers. By using this framework, simple applications that meet the desired requirements can be designed easily. Developers would have to use Deluge, a programming language that is designed specifically for this platform in order to write their own code.
For designing an appropriate customer tracking database, Zoho Creator is a nice option as it can easily adapt to any equipment. The data can be easily imported from various databases, from the computer or from cloud storage in Zoho Creator. For integrating the framework with an existing database, the installation of the additional software might be required.
Deluge script builder is a special code tool, which is a special code tool, and REST APIs are used in Zoho Creator for backend customization. In addition, the platform provides various tools for data analysis, designing pivot charts from the data that is entered, spreadsheets, and many more.
- The framework’s interface is user-friendly.
- The application can be responsively resized for mobile usage.
- Incorporates with other Zoho applications.
- Barcode scanning is supported by the framework.
- In-built auto-translation is available.
Google App Maker
By using Google App Maker client, server-side scripts can be created quickly in less time. A wide range of templates are available on the platform, which can be utilized for application development. Google applications like Google Drive and Analytics can be integrated within the App Maker. For UI customization, personal code can be written in Google App Maker by using CSS. Backend customization can be done by using REST APIs and HTTP requests. The drawback of this platform is that it does not offer any tools for monitoring and performance.
- Provides a platform where business can innovate.
- Design customized applications.
- Customized applications can be created from the data.
- By utilizing connectors, data, and systems can be integrated easily.
With BPMN support, Creatio provides a flexible process designer who can assist in designing complex processes. Unstructured processes can be managed and automated with the help of case management tools. Therefore multiple processes can be performed simultaneously by using the powerful BPM engine. Hence the detection of bottlenecks and optimization processes can be done easily through visual analytics tools
- Application development gets faster with features like drag and drop functionalities.
- Enriches the customer experience.
- Applications can be easily designed by non-IT developers also.
- Artificial intelligence plays a significant role in low code development platforms.
The low code development platform is a wonderful tool for all the non-programmers and developers. By using these platforms, you can design and customize the applications quickly as per your specific needs. In the market, there are various tools and frameworks available, but our selected frameworks are worth considering if you are looking to have low code development tools which are advanced, high-performing, and scalable in characteristic.
People also searched for
- Low code development platforms
- Low code development
- Low code app development
- Low code app development platform
- Low code application development platform
- Low code development companies
- Low code development tools
- Top Low code development platforms
- Low code mobile app development
- Low code web app development
- Best Low code development platforms
- Low code software development
- Low code web application development tool
- Low code web development
- Low code app development software
- Low code development platforms comparison
- Low code mobile app development platform
- Low code software development platform
- No code development
- No code development platforms
- No code application development
- No code app development platforms
- No code mobile app development
- No code rapid app development
- Rapid development platform
- Rapid application development platform