Last Updated on January 30, 2023
September will be an exciting month with the Shopware Community Day and a new monthly release. Shopware 6.4.4 has been released with optimizations in product assignments and Sales Channels, and new features for app developers. The article is divided into three parts:
- General Updates
- Developer News
1. Optimizing Product User Experience
It has become easier to assign products to Sales channels. The product user experience is continuously optimized in Shopware releases so merchants can carry out day-to-day business efficiently and effortlessly. In this release, the focus is on optimizing the workflow of assigning products to Sales channels.
2. Assign products to Sales Channels
There are three different ways to add products to the Sales Channels in the settings:
- Product Selection: You can select individual products from a list you would like to add to the Sales Channel.
- Category Selection: You can filter products based on different categories and add products from one complete category to the Sales Channel.
- Product group selection: Create dynamic product groups and filter the products based on that. You can also the products of a particular product group to a Sales Channel.
To know more about these methods, please go through this guide of assigning new products to a Sales Channel.
3. Default Sales Channel setting
While creating a new product, you can also select the default sales channel in Shopware 188.8.131.52. After making these settings, the best thing is that each time you set up a new product, it will automatically be assigned to the selected Sales Channel. Navigate to Settings > Shop > Products for setting a default sales channel.
4. New option for dynamic product groups
One of the essential parts of Shopware is Dynamic product groups. You can set up particular groups of products and display them in different places in your store. Fill categories or product sliders with dynamic product groups and use them for comparing products. A good thing about this is that the product groups are based on active rules, which you can set depending on price or stock. The release date can also be used for dynamic product groups.
What’s new: The dynamic groups can be created based not only on the product’s release date but also on when it was set up in your store. It is useful when you want to set up a group featuring the latest products.
5. Small improvements with a significant impact
There are some minor improvements in this release as well:
- Hej Danmark! Now the merchants can set the Danish language as the default language for their Shopware store. You can even select the language during the installation process of Shopware.
- Better detectability: Until it is pretty hard to find how to remove a selection made in a single select field. Now a little checkmark makes the corresponding position in the admin easy to detect.
- Advanced privacy settings: Generally, when a customer signs up for a newsletter using their e-mail address (single opt-in), get a confirmation mail for verification (double opt-in). For already registered customers, this method doesn’t apply. From now on, merchants can activate the double opt-in for customers who are already registered.
6. ACLs for app system
Access control lists (ACLs) are now being supported. The merchants will have better control over who uses the app. For each, a new privilege is created and can be assigned accordingly.
1. Define your own CMS blocks for your apps
The shopping experience is the crucial feature of Shopware. We always want our developers to extend the capabilities of the CMS. Thus, it will be possible for apps to bring their custom blocks based on existing elements to the Shopping Experiences. The developers can define the slots, the default settings, and much more.
2. Further app system improvements
There are more possibilities for app developers for extensions, webhooks, and custom fields. An action type openModal has been added to provide feedback to users in the admin. It created a modal window with the content shown in an iframe. Earlier it was only possible to open a new browser tab in that way.
Another change is that apps with customFieldSets can be defined as global. With this change, you can ensure that your customFieldSet can’t be disabled by the shop owner.
Also, learn about the other major Shopware Releases