Dogs are a therapeutic gift from God to us humans. Statistics suggest that over 44% of Americans own a dog which backs our statement. Dogs are true friends of humans, and humans appreciate this quality of dogs which is why they go out of their way to give whatever they desire. This also creates an opportunity for on-demand dog-walking apps. After a long day at work, a person comes home and finds his dog sitting at the door with the excitement of going out on a walk. Since the person is exhausted, it becomes hard for him to stand up to the expectations of his daily. However, dogs need to look after humans, so on-demand Dog walking apps provide a solution.
What Is An On-Demand Dog Walker App?
An on-demand dog walker app is a mobile app that connects dog owners in their area with professional dog walkers. The app provides a convenient solution for busy dog owners who struggle to find time to walk their dogs regularly.
Dog owners can use the app to look through the profiles of local dog walkers, read reviews and ratings, and choose a walker they feel comfortable with.
Then, they can schedule a walk and get regular updates, including GPS tracking and pictures, on their dog’s whereabouts. Professional dog walkers can find work through on-demand dog walking apps, setting their schedules and getting paid for what they love.
Due to the hectic lifestyles of many people, these apps have grown in popularity in recent years and offer a dependable and trustworthy service for users’ furry friends.
An On-Demand Dog Walker App Is a Two-Sided Marketplace. We Will Try to Define It With The Following Steps.
- In the initial step, the dog owner requests to take his dog for a walk.
- One of the dog walkers working with the app accepts the request in real-time and confirms the booking.
- Now when his dog is out on a walk, he can easily track the location of his dog through Geolocation services. He can even ask for photo updates from the dog walker.
- After a pleasant walk, the dog walker returns the dog to his owner and receives the payment for his services through the app.
- In the final step, the dog owner can rate the dog walker according to the services he provided and can even write a review.
Why We Need On-Demand Dog Walking Apps?
Yes, dogs are fluffy and cute, but they bring added responsibilities. You need to look after them consistently, provide them food, train them, groom them, take them to the vet, play with them, and most necessarily, take them out for a walk as it rejuvenates them after being at home all day.
It is impossible to outsource all these responsibilities of yours. However, you can outsource the most important one, who is taking the dog for a walk. The availability of various on-demand dog walking services allows users to hand over their dog in the able hands of these dog walking service attendants who will look after your dog like it’s his own. Especially for professionals having a rigorous work schedule, these dog walking services work like a charm. So, a dog owner finding it hard to make out time for his dog should give these dog walking apps a try.
How Does An On-Demand Dog Walker App Work?
The working procedure of an on-demand dog-walking app is relatively routine and easy to accomplish. Firstly, the dog owner must register with sufficient details about themselves and their pet. There is an option to add extra details about the dog, like his harness, collars, medications, vets, etc. now, as the registration is done, he can search for a dog walker nearby him, and when he finds a match, he can hand over his dog to the walker to his dog out on a walk.
In current times, dog-walking apps are becoming increasingly popular among dog owners, and there is every reason for it to be as it is a great platform to spend time with dogs apart from earning money.
Statistics and Figures Associated With Dog Walking Apps
Before entering into any business, it is paramount to look at the current and future stats and figures to find out whether that business is worth spending on or not.
However, the on-demand dog walking business is growing at a rapid pace, and because of its surging popularity, we need to have a look at two different types of statistics.
The first one is the number of households that own a dog, and the second one is the average number of hours a person works every week of the month.
If we dive into a survey of APPA, we will find out that 63.4 million households in the USA own a dog, and this brings us to another statistic that tells us that at least 40% of workers put in a shift of over 40 hours every week.
Now when we merge these two stats, we find out that these dog owners are working over 8 hours every day. Apart from their working hours, they have to find out time to complete their social and household things. You can guess what we are coming on; there is not enough time left for them to spend it with their lovely dogs.
According to a market research report published by Grand View Research, the global pet care market size was valued at USD 232.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% from 2021 to 2028. The report also states that the dog walking app market is one of the fastest-growing segments within the pet care industry.
However, specific statistics for the dog walking app market are not readily available. Some of the most popular dog-walking apps globally include Rover, Wag!, and PetBacker, among others. These apps have millions of users and are available in multiple countries.
In a 2020 survey by Statista, it was found that 39% of dog owners in the United States used a dog walking service at least once a week. The survey did not specify which dog-walking apps were used.
It is worth noting that the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the pet care industry, including the dog walking app market. With more people working from home and spending more time with their pets, the demand for dog walking services may have decreased. However, as the world returns to normalcy, the demand for dog-walking apps is expected to increase.
According to another survey from the American Pet Product Association, American citizens spend a total of $23.4 billion on their dog’s food, over $15.73 billion on their vet care, $14.39 billion on supplies and OTC medication, $5.24 billion on pet services that include grooming and boarding and $2.19 billion purchasing pets for their households. These figures are enormous which indicates that U.S. households are too fond of pets, especially dogs.
The popularity of blogs for dogs and cats is increasing rapidly as well. However, working hours and other important stuff are a hurdle between them and their pets.
This has created a perfect opportunity for on-demand dog walker apps to swoop in and people are growing on these apps. There are many reasons to become fond of these apps. However, some top reasons include being time-saving & efficient, the rapid increase in business for dog sitters and daycares, and it is a simple yet effective way of earning.
Monetization Opportunities Associated With On-Demand Dog Walker App
When someone decides to develop an application, he always wants that app to monetize. Most dog walker marketplaces trust the business model of the service aggregator platform. These platforms are pretty successful, which is why we are looking at some of the important ones.
1. eCommerce Integration
eCommerce integration simply means that e-commerce software is connected with other software solutions like CRM and ERP. This creates a channel of back-and-forth flow of data like sales offers, customer contacts, and orders between the systems in an automatic manner.
Simply, it is electronic commerce in which products are sold and bought over the internet. The exchange of data related to prices and inventory is also done through E-commerce, along with the completion of online transactions.
Commissions are equally successful for both new and existing platforms. The commission revenue model gets a significant part of each payment completed directly on the official website. How this revenue model works efficiently makes it the most profitable revenue model among all the revenue models.
3. Advertisement Selling
Another easy method of monetizing your application is showcasing relevant ads to the available users of your application. A short and simple way of doing this is getting paid partnerships with several dog food and dog toy companies in the market. It is a no-brainer to suggest that you should make sure that the company you are coming into a partnership with is reliable and does not promote any harmful products for animals.
Popular On-Demand Dog Walker Apps In The Market
For the dog walker app market to succeed, there needs to be a lot of players in the market who are doing well to sustain a competitive environment in the market. There are quite significant apps in the market that have caught the eye of users. In this section, we will go through some of those on-demand dog walker apps.
1. Wag – Dog Walkers & Sitters
Wag has been on top of the pile of on-demand dog walking for quite a while now, and it keeps improving daily. Wag was developed in the year 2014, and because of its potential, it was named the Uber of Dog walking app.
However, in recent times its reputation has been in choppy waters, and despite this major hurdle, this company raised a mammoth $300 million in venture capital funds from Softbank in 2018.
Users looking to get a service for their dog can book the desired walker from the app, and within 15 minutes, the walker will be at their doorstep of the user. The app doesn’t limit itself to services only; it also provides dog notes and important instructions for the walker, reports of a walk, live notifications, and a lot more.
2. Rover – Dog Sitters & Walkers
Rover has been in this market for 12 years since it was founded in 2011, and in this period, it has become one of the leading apps in the sphere of Uber for dog walking.
Hiring a dog walker or sitter becomes relatively easy through the rover app. Users can contact the dog sitters and dog walkers through messages within the application. Making payments effortless through the application is just one of the benefits that this app provides.
The user has full access in case they want to know about the path the walker is taking the dog from. Other additional features come along with it, like to pee or poo, food and water, and personal notes for guardians and walkers.
3. Barkly Pets – Dog Walkers
Barkly Pets came into existence in 2011 with a clear objective in mind which was to offer dog parents quality care services for their pets. Barkly pet is a prime example of an on-demand dog-walking app development. Apart from their services, you can consider other brilliant on-demand app development ideas for your business.
Barkly pets provide other additional services like 24/7 customer care services for your customers. Users have the option of meeting the walker in person before giving the responsibility of their dog to them. Managing all the invoicing, bookings, and scheduling within the app becomes quite effortless.
Smart Gadgets for Dog Walking, Which Operates with An App
Smart gadgets for dog walking that can be operated through a mobile app can enhance the dog walking experience for dog owners and walkers.
Here Are Some Ingenious Devices that Can Be Integrated with A Dog-Walking:
- GPS Tracker: A GPS tracker can be attached to the dog’s collar, enabling the dog owner and the walker to track the dog’s location in real time. The GPS data can be displayed on the app’s map, ensuring the dog’s safety and providing peace of mind to the owner.
- Automatic Feeder: An automatic feeder can dispense food and treats for the dog at predetermined times, ensuring the dog’s nutritional needs are met while on a walk. The feeder can be controlled through the app, and the owner can monitor the dog’s feeding schedule.
- Smart Leash: A smart leash can be equipped with sensors that monitor the dog’s movements, such as walking speed, distance, and duration. The data can be displayed on the app, providing insights into the dog’s activity levels and ensuring the dog’s health and well-being.
- Pet Camera: A pet camera can be installed at the dog owner’s home and controlled through the app, enabling the owner to monitor the dog’s behavior and activity while on a walk. The camera can provide live streaming and recording options, ensuring the dog’s safety and providing peace of mind to the owner.
- Smart Collar: A smart collar can monitor the dog’s vital signs, such as heart rate, temperature, and activity level, and alert the owner and the walker if any abnormalities exist. The data can be displayed on the app, ensuring the dog’s health and well-being.
Integrating these smart gadgets with a dog walking app can give owners and walkers valuable insights, ensure the dog’s safety and health, and enhance the overall dog walking experience.
General Features To Include In A Dog Walking & Dog Sitting Mobile App
|Pet Owners Panel||Dog Walkers Panel||Admin Panel|
|Dog Walk Report||Walkers Can Track Their Appointments & Earnings||Manage Bookings|
|Search and Filter Nearby Dog Walkers||Get booking requests||Manage Customers/Dog Walkers|
|View Dog Walker Profile||Customer Information||Push Notifications|
|Dog Walk booking and scheduling||Profile Creation||Advanced Analytics|
|Community Feature||Set Availability||Real-Time Tracking of dog walkers|
|History and Trends||Navigation Routes for Reaching the Pet Owner||Manage Payments|
|Curated Professional Advice||Earnings Summary|
|Track Your Dog|
|Schedule/cancel the Appointment|
|Give Ratings & Reviews|
|Live Streaming (optional) of Their Puppy or Dog Walking|
|Push Notification Alerts for Dog Walking and Sitting Appointments.|
Advanced Features To Consider For An On-Demand Dog Walking App
Advanced features are an essential part of an on-demand dog walking app as they provide an impressive look to the app apart from improving the functionality of the app. So, let us look at some of the essential advanced features of the app.
1. Social Sign Up/Login
This is the page that will welcome you upon entering the app. If you are a new user, then you can sign up with the app by providing your personal information through email verification or social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, or others. If you are already a user, then you can log in to your account by entering the username and password.
2. Live Dog Tracking
This feature is one of the most unique as it provides the user with the option of keeping an update of the dog and his location at any particular time when he is out with the walker. The user can virtually keep an eye on his dog through this option.
3. Push Notifications
This feature keeps the users updated with all the changes made to the app through constant reminders and alerts. Special offers, discounts, and new updates are also passed on to the customers through this feature.
4. In-App Call
This feature, as it suggests by its name, provides users with the option of talking with the walkers and dog sitters on the call. Requirements and necessities of the dog owners can be conveyed easily through calls which makes this feature extraordinary in every aspect.
5. In-App Chat
This feature is quite similar to that of an in-app call option, with the only difference being that through this feature, you can chat with the walkers and dog sitters instead of talking on the call. It is not convenient for every user to talk on the call, which makes this feature a must-have for them.
6. In-app Navigation
With the help of in-app navigation, the user can search for dog walkers and dog sitters nearby their area to take their dog on a walk. Geo-location feature is a must for any kind of on-demand app, and similar is the case with the dog walker app.
7. Real-Time Analytics Dashboard
The real-time analytic dashboard can be described as a performance tool to analyze, report, and track a company’s overall data in real time with the assistance of data visualizations. All real-time dashboards are updated automatically, and this provides the user with instant access to important data.
8. Mobile Wallet
Flexibility in mobile wallets is a great asset to have in your dog walker application. The more options, the easy it becomes for the users to process the payment. Users from different parts of the world tend to use the app, and since mobile wallets are different everywhere, having various options for mobile wallets is a great thing to have.
Required Tech Stack For Dog Walking App Development
Depending on the app’s complexity and requirements, the team structure may vary. However, having these professionals in your development team can ensure the success of your dog-walking app.
When developing a dog-walking app, choosing the right tech stack is crucial to ensure the app’s functionality, scalability, and security. Here are some technologies you can consider for your dog-walking app development:
- Native App Development: Native apps are built using platform-specific languages such as Swift or Objective-C for iOS and Java or Kotlin for Android. Native development offers better performance, user experience, and access to the device’s hardware and features.
- Cross-Platform Development: Cross-platform development uses tools such as React Native, Flutter, or Xamarin to develop apps that can run on multiple platforms using a single codebase. Cross-platform development is cost-effective and offers faster development and deployment.
- Backend Development: For backend development, you can consider using technologies such as Node.js, Ruby on Rails, or Python. These technologies offer faster development, scalability, and security.
- Cloud Services: Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure can provide serverless computing, storage, and security services for your app.
- Real-Time Communication: Real-time communication features such as chat, video calls, and notifications can be implemented using technologies such as Firebase, WebRTC, or Pusher.
- Payment Gateways: For payment processing, you can integrate payment gateways such as Stripe, PayPal, or Braintree to ensure secure and seamless transactions.
- User Interface: The user interface (UI) is the visual representation of the app and includes screens, buttons, menus, and navigation. The UI is designed to provide a seamless user experience and easy navigation.
- Client-Side: The client-side involves the code and logic that runs on the user’s device, such as the mobile app. It includes the UI, user input handling, and interactions with the backend through APIs.
- Server-Side: The server-side is the backend infrastructure that handles the app’s data storage, processing, and logic. It includes the server, database, and APIs communicating with the client.
- Database: The database stores the app’s data, such as user profiles, pet information, and payment details. The database can be implemented using SQL or NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, or Firebase.
- APIs: APIs enable communication between the client-side and server side and allow the app to access data and functionality from external services. APIs can be implemented using REST or GraphQL technologies.
The choice of technology stack will depend on various factors such as app requirements, budget, and development team expertise. It’s essential to choose a tech stack that suits your app’s needs and ensures its success in the market.
Team Structure Needed To Develop A Dog Walking App
Building a dog walking app requires a team of professionals with various skills and expertise. Here’s a typical team structure for building a dog walking app:
- Project Manager: Managed the entire project, including planning, development, and delivery.
- Business Analyst: Analyze market trends and user needs to define the app’s requirements, features, and functionalities.
- UX/UI Designer: Creates the app’s user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design to ensure easy navigation, visual appeal, and user engagement.
- Mobile App Developer: Builds the app’s functionality and integrates all the necessary features and APIs into the app.
- Backend Developer: Builds the app’s backend, which includes the database, server, and APIs, to ensure seamless communication between the app and server.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Tester: Tests the app’s functionality, user experience, and performance to ensure it meets the user’s expectations.
- Technical Writer: Creates user manuals, product guides, and other technical documentation to support the app’s use and maintenance.
Cost Estimation Of Dog Walking App Development
The cost estimation of a Dog walking app depends on a lot of factors,
- Type of dog walking app
- Different functionalities and features of the app
- Designs and app development team
- Marketing and deployment of the app
- Maintenance and upgrades
- Select an app platform, ios or Android
Developing a dog walking app can be a great way to tap into the growing demand for pet care services. However, the cost of developing an app can vary depending on location, platform, and features.
To give you an idea, we’ve assembled an approximate cost table for developing a dog-walking app in some popular regions.
Certainly, Here’s an Approximate Cost Table for Developing a Dog Walking App in The Mentioned Regions:
|Region||Basic App Cost (USD)||Advanced App Cost (USD)|
|USA||$10,000 – $25,000||$25,000 – $50,000+|
|UK||£8,000 – £20,000||£20,000 – £40,000+|
|India||INR 5,00,000 – INR 12,50,000||INR 12,50,000 – INR 25,00,000+|
|UAE||AED 36,700 – AED 91,800||AED 91,800 – AED 183,600+|
|Europe||€8,000 – €20,000||€20,000 – €40,000+|
|South Africa||ZAR 150,000 – ZAR 375,000||ZAR 375,000 – ZAR 750,000+|
Note: These are approximate costs and can vary based on the app’s requirements, features, and complexity. Additionally, the exchange rates may vary, affecting the final cost.App Development Cost Estimates
Why Choose Emizentech for Dog Walking App Solutions
Emizentech is a reliable and professional App Development Company that provides efficient and effective solutions for developing a Dog Walking App.
Here Are Some Reasons Why You Should Choose Us for Dog Walking App Solutions:
|Expertise and Experience||We have a team of skilled developers with years of experience developing various applications, including Dog Walking Apps. They possess expertise in multiple technologies like Android, iOS, and cross-platform development.|
|Customization||We offer custom solutions to meet the client’s specific needs. They work closely with clients to understand their requirements and provide tailor-made solutions that fulfill their unique business needs.|
|Timely Delivery||We are known for delivering projects within the given time frame. They follow a streamlined process to ensure the timely delivery of the project without compromising the quality.|
|Cost-Effective||We provide cost-effective solutions that meet the client’s budget requirements. They offer flexible pricing models that suit the client’s business needs.|
|Excellent support||We provide excellent support to our clients even after the delivery of the project. They offer timely support and maintenance services to ensure the app runs smoothly.|
Dog walking apps turn out to be great if they are created keeping the proper guidelines under consideration. Dog walking apps are an excellent innovation for people who own a dog but are busy with their lifestyle. Dog walking apps allow owners to enjoy their life without worrying too much about their pets. So, in this period of transition in the online section, you should look to jump up on the opportunity of creating a dog-walking app with the assistance of a reputed app development company.