Last Updated on January 21, 2022
In this blog, we will learn about custom report type creation in Salesforce. You can not analyze anything from a pile of data. So to interpret your data clearly you will need reports. There are some built-in report types available in org but sometimes for custom objects or for combining multiple objects, we have to create additional report types. Below are the steps to do that.
- 1. Go to Setup > In Quick Find Box enter report type > Select Report Type
- 2. Click on continue if you have an information page.
- 3. Click on New Custom Report Type
Also Read: How To Create A Flow In Salesforce?
- 4. Fill details and do not forget to select Deployment Status as Deployed
- 5. Select Next and set relations which you want to set in your report
- 6. Click on Save and you are done.
- 7. After setting this you will have a detail page of your record type.
- 8. For editing layout of your report type click on Edit Layout button.
- 9. Save and All set.
You can create your report now using this report type.
I hope this blog will help you. Keep reading for more topics.
Need help with a project? Hire us and collaborate with one of the leading Salesforce consulting partners.