Table of Contents
What Are Cloud Service Models In Salesforce?
Cloud computing is a technique of accessing information and programs through the internet rather than developing, administering, and maintaining them on your hard drive or server. It is simple, quick, and secure to use.
There are three types of Cloud Service Models In Salesforce: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS.
Three types of Cloud Service Models In Salesforce
1. Software as a Service (SaaS)
A SaaS gives you access to application services deployed on a server.
You don’t have to bother about the software’s installation, maintenance, or coding.
You may use your browser to view and run the program.
You do not need to download or install any setup or operating system; the program is there for you to access and use.
The SaaS provider firm will handle the software maintenance, setup, and support, and you will be charged for your consumption.
In other words, SaaS is analogous to taking the bus.
Buses follow predetermined routes, and you share the journey with other people.
- On-demand service is available.
- Because the program is maintained by the vendor rather than the location where it is being used, it is more cost-effective.
- The software license may be based on a subscription or consumption, and you may be invoiced regularly.
- They may be scaled up or down depending on the need.
- Upgrades and updates are performed automatically.
- A shared data model is provided via SaaS.
- All of the users are running the same version of the application.
Example: Google Apps, Microsoft office365, Google docs, Gmail, WHMCS billing software
2. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS infrastructure includes virtual machines and other resources such as a virtual-machine disc image library, block, file-based storage, firewalls, load balancers, IP addresses, virtual local area networks, and so on. The infrastructure as a service, or IaaS, layer is the foundation of the cloud computing concept. In other words, IaaS is analogous to automobile leasing. When you lease a car, you get to select the automobile you want and drive it wherever you want, but it isn’t yours. Do you want an upgrade? Lease a different vehicle!
- Virtual machines that come pre-loaded with software.
- The use of virtual computers that come pre-loaded with operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- On-demand access to resources is possible.
- The computer resources may be scaled up and down with relative ease.
Example: Digital Ocean, Linode, Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cisco Metapod, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine (GCE) are famous examples of Iaas.
Enhance User Experience & Increase Business Value with Salesforce
Hire Salesforce Developers
3. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS, or platform as a service, is a computing platform model that offers computing platforms that generally contain an operating system, programming language execution environment, database, and web server.
Technically, it is a layer on top of IaaS because the platform is the second item you want after infrastructure.
In other words, PaaS is analogous to hailing a cab.
You don’t drive a taxi yourself; instead, you tell the driver where you want to go and sit back and relax in the back seat.
- PaaS provides a development environment that is accessible through a web browser.
- Creating databases and changing application code through an Application Programming Interface (API) or point-and-click tools are two options available to a developer.
- PaaS comes with built-in security, scalability, and web service interfaces, among other features.
- PaaS also provides web services interfaces, allowing us to link applications that are not hosted on the platform.
Example: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Windows Azure, Heroku, Force.com, Google App Engine, Apache Stratos.
Differences between IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
|Stands for||Infrastructure as a services.||Platform as a services.||Software as a services.|
|Uses||IAAS is used by network architects.||PAAS is used by developer.||SAAS is used by end user.|
|Access||IAAS give access to the resources like virtual machines and virtual storage.||PAAS give access to run time environment to deployment and development tools for application.||SAAS give access to the end user.|
|Model||It is service model that provide visualized computing resources over internet.||It is a cloud computing model that delivers tools that is used for development of application.||It is a service model in cloud computing that host software make available for client.|
|Technical understanding.||It required technical knowledge.||In which you required knowledge of subject to understand basic setup.||There is no requirement about technicalities company handle everything.|
|Popularity.||It is popular between developer and researchers.||It popular between developer who focus on the development of apps and scripts.||It is popular between consumer and company.such as file sharing, email and networking.|
|Cloud services.||Amazon web services, sun, vcloud express.||Facebook, and google search engine.||M.S office web, Facebook and google apps.|
|Enterprise services.||AWS virtual private cloud.||Microsoft azure.||IBM cloud analysis.|
|Outsourced cloud services.||Salesforced.||Force.com, Gigaspaces.||AWS, terremark|
Which Salesforce Cloud Service Models Are Best for You?
Your company must determine which form of cloud it wants to use and which Salesforce cloud computing services it uses, as every deployment must adhere to predefined standards dictated by the budget and company policies.
We hope this post helped you understand the cloud service models in Salesforce. Emizentech is a leading salesforce consulting company offering services globally. So do get in touch with us for salesforce development services.