“How can I sell on Facebook from my Shopify store?” is a common question we ask by e-commerce retailers. Facebook is the world’s biggest social networking platform whose features are limited to chat, sharing feeds like photos & videos. Still, it has also become a marketplace that allows merchants to sell their products, and consumers can buy them. Thus, connecting your Shopify store with Facebook is a great idea to increase your sales.
Whether you want to increase sales by embedding a “Buy” button on your social media posts or referring to the traffic to your online store, you can’t undermine the role of social media in online retail. Online retailers are leveraging social media platforms, whether on Facebook or Instagram.
Social media platforms such as Facebook & Instagram have invested heavily in “native shops,” which let the social media users buy products without leaving that platform. Thus, we have always suggested our Shopify clients start selling on Facebook & Instagram as well.
Now, What Is A Native Shop?
A native shop is a platform after the traditional e-commerce store where customers can buy their preferred products. Whatever platform you prefer – Facebook or Instagram- you reduce the steps of buying for a customer when selling items on these platforms. It will result in an additional revenue stream and remarketing opportunity.
While you will start exploring how to sell products on Facebook or link Shopify Store to Facebook or Instagram, you will realize that going native isn’t just setting up a Shopify Facebook store or selling through dumping in your store’s products and content. It would help if you first understood the native options and then formalized your approach as per the platform features. Then you will succeed in Shopify social media integration.
How Does Shopify Work With Facebook?
On Facebook, customers just have to navigate to the “Shop” section of your Facebook page to browse products and collections. The “Shop” features make it very simple and easy to sell products on Facebook. Here are the reasons:
Especially Curated For Smartphones
More than half a billion users are browsing Facebook through their mobile devices. That’s why the Facebook shop has been designed keeping the focus on mobile users. Thus, when you connect your Shopify store to Facebook, you reach a vast number of prospects.
1. Easy To Set Up
The Shopify Facebook integration is easy to set up, and by just a single, you would be able to add products on Facebook. The product images, details, and other details will automatically sync when you update your Shopify store.
2. Personalized Shopping Experience
For providing a better and personalized shopping experience to the customers, you can use Facebook Messenger chat on your Shopify store and Facebook Page. This will let the customers buy the products directly in a discussion and track the orders in real-time.
3. Use Promos And Giveaways
After connecting your Shopify store to Facebook, you can incentivize engagement with an app to run giveaways and promos through Facebook tabs.
How Shopify Works With Instagram?
Instagram has become highly popular in the last decade. It can grow your sales by allowing customers to discover, show and buy the products directly from the Instagram posts and stories.
Showcases Your Brand
By integrating your Shopify store with Instagram, you can showcase the products to 500 million trend-seeking buyers already on Instagram.
Seamless Buying Experience
The Shopify Instagram shopping app allows you to provide a consistent in-app shopping experience – from product discovery to checkout.
Maintain A Single Inventory
After integrating your store to Facebook, you can use your inventory to sync across all the places you sell in, including online stores, social media, and online marketplaces.
Explore New Markets
You can inspire buyers and grow your brand awareness with trending hashtags and posts.
Selling Products On Facebook
How To Sell On Facebook With Shopify?
You will wonder how Shopify works with Facebook. Honestly, Shopify is a very scalable platform that allows you to sell on different social media channels. By connecting Shopify to your Facebook store, you can keep track of your products, orders, and customers – from a single place. After adding a sales channel, it will be listed under “Sales Channels” in Shopify.
In Shopify, Facebook Sales Channel lets you sell and post products directly from the Shop tab on the store’s Facebook page. At the same time, the Instagram Sales Channel allows you to tag your creations on Instagram and display them as sales items when they appear on your posts.
How To Connect Our Shopify Store With Facebook?
Follow These Steps
1. log in to the Admin panel of your Shopify store, and click on the + beside the Sales channel’s heading.
2. A dialogue box of Add Sales Channel will open, click the ADD or + button of the sales channel that you want to add.
How To Set Up A Facebook Sales Channel?
In Shopify, every sales channel comes with a dashboard through which you can get all the insights of your channel sales and traffic. You can also check how an individual sales channel performs by selecting it from the Shopify HomePage drop-down menu.
When you connect your Shopify Store to Facebook, a Shop section will be created by Facebook on your Facebook page displaying your Shopify products. Here you can make the required changes, check your sales and fulfill orders in Shopify. All the Shopify versions have a Facebook Sales Channel.
Requirements Of Selling On Facebook Through Your Shopify Store
To sell on Facebook Sales Channel through your Shopify store
- Facebook should support your current store’s currency
- You first have to create a Facebook page of your store (if it doesn’t exist yet)
- The customer email should be valid
- Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the page
- The Facebook page will use the Shopping template
- The Facebook page needs to be published
How To Link Your Shopify Store To Facebook?
1. From the admin panel of your Shopify store, click on the + button beside the Sales channel heading.
2. A dialogue box of Add Sales Channel will open. Here you have to click on Facebook to know about the sales channel.
3. Click on Add channel.
4. Connect the Facebook account through which you want to sell your products
5. Now navigate to Facebook > Account
6. Click on the Connect account to link your Shopify store with your Facebook
7. Confirm that you are using the correct Facebook account.
8. Follow the prompts on the Login with the Facebook dialogue to allow Shopify to connect with your business’s Facebook page.
How To Publish The Products On Facebook?
After setting up the Facebook sales channel and activating the Facebook Shop section on your Facebook page, you are now able to publish products to Facebook, create collections for just Facebook, and much more.
The products that you will add to your Shopify Facebook Shop will display on Facebook’s Shop section. It will be in sync with your Shopify store; thus, any changes will be automatically updated on Facebook. An important thing to note here is that, although you can see your products appearing on the Shop section before the Facebook verification, the customers still wouldn’t see your products until the setup process is complete.
Note: Make sure that you go through Facebook’s commerce merchant agreement, including the Commerce policy detailing the prohibited products for sale on Facebook before you start selling on Facebook. There is also an option of sharing products on Facebook instead of marketing on Facebook.
How To Add Products To The Shopify Facebook Product Feed?
You can find all your products, which are available on Facebook, on the Publishing page of the Facebook Sales Channel in the admin panel of your Shopify store.
If you want to add products, follow these steps
- To add products to the store, click on Add products. If the products are present in the store but aren’t on Facebook, then click Make products available to go to the products page of your Shopify store admin.
- Select the product that you want to display on the Facebook Sales Channel
- Click on Manage in the sales channel section of the product details page.
- In the Manage sales channel availability dialogue box, check Facebook and click on the Done button.
Selling Products On Instagram
How To Connect Your Shopify Store To Instagram?
In the last decade, the popularity of Instagram has increased exponentially. A lot of e-commerce brands are leveraging Instagram to sell products and engage with customers. Instagram allows brands to reach a more relevant audience and has pushed the envelope further for e-commerce stores.
Requirements Of Selling On Instagram Through Your Shopify Store
There are the main requirements of marketing on Instagram through your Shopify store:
- You must have a Facebook Channel with an approved Facebook Shop without any restriction on age or country on your Facebook page.
- Online store sales channel
- Instagram business profile
- Shopify Store
- The latest version of the Shopify app
How To Connect Instagram With Your Shopify Store?
1. From the admin panel of your Shopify store, click on the + button beside the Sales channel heading.
2. A dialogue box of Add Sales Channel will open. Here you have to click on Instagram to know about the sales channel.
3. Click on Add channel
4. For authentication, you have to log in to your Facebook account in the sales channel.
5. After setting up the Instagram business profile, the account will be reviewed by Instagram for access to the feature. After approval, you will get a notification in your Instagram business profile.
Managing The Shopify Catalogue With Instagram
You can add the Shopify Facebook product catalog from the Shopping page in the Instagram business profile options.
1. In Instagram, open the business profile options and navigate to the Settings section.
2. Tap Shopping, and confirm the Facebook account
If you can’t find the Shopping section, tap the Edit profile and confirm connecting to the Facebook business page.
3. Select the yourstore.myshopify.com product catalog.
4. Tap Done.
In this article, we have learned how to connect the Shopify store with Facebook and Instagram. Social commerce has become a need for the hour, and we must sell online through social platforms as well. At Emizentech, the best Shopify development company, we have expert Shopify developers who have expertise in developing functionalities of Shopify stores highly with various features and functionalities. Let us know your requirements.