Mobile apps are a part of the effective digital marketing strategy and all apps are running the race of awareness and customer retention. The need of the hour is the proper app store optimization that lets a specific app stand out of the millions of other apps on the Google Play market and App store. Do you know that the average Page View to Install Conversion Rate for the Google Play market was 26.4% and for the US App Store was 33.7% in 2020?
Let us know all about the App Store Optimization in detail. With the average time taken by the visitors on the Google Play and App Store to decide about the app, the installation was 10 seconds in 2020, any business needs to go through this ultimate guide to ASO for mastering the world of apps.
History Of Mobile Apps
The increasing use of mobiles is the catalyst in determining the history of the mobile app. With the advancement of technology and the needs of the users, the available apps on Google Play have crossed 2.8 million and the same on App Store have crossed 4.5 million in 2021. This number is set to increase in the coming future that further presses on the need for dedicated app store optimization.
Mobile App Trends In 2022
What Is ASO & How To Get Started With It?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the straightforward but effective process of increasing an app’s visibility on Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. To start with, it includes all about the app store, the creation of apps according to the app store guidelines, and monitoring the app performance for quick decision making. To start with, let us go through the key factors responsible for the same.
Factors Responsible For ASO
Let us go through the key factors responsible for ASO in Apple App Store and Google Play Store one by one:
1. Apple App Store Ranking Factors
- App name
- App subtitle
- App URL
- The number of installs
- Reviews and ratings
- App updates
- In-app purchases
2. Google Play Store Ranking Factors
- App title
- App short description
- App long description
- The number of installs
- Reviews and ratings
- In-app purchases
Convert Your App Idea Into Reality
Let’s Build A New App Together
What Is The Difference Between ASO & SEO?
With App Store Optimization considered as the app SEO, both are similar in terms of conversion optimization, backlinking, keyword optimization, etc. The main differences are highlighted as below:
|Key points||App Store Optimization (ASO)||Search Engine Optimization (SEO)|
|Goal||To attract downloads.||To attract visitors.|
|Off-Page||Includes backlinks, ratings, reviews, download statistics, etc.||Includes links, anchor texts, social signals.|
|On-Page||Includes app name, description, keywords for iOS, usage and quality metrics, uninstall rate, etc.||Includes title tags, H1, H2, H3, keyword density, page speed, bounce rate, etc.|
Reasons Why You Can’t Ignore ASO
Some of the key reasons that hint at the compelling need of ASO include:
1. Improve Your App’s Visibility
With more than 70% of the users finding new apps from searches only, it is important to improve the app’s visibility.
2. Increase Organic Installs Of Your App
It is ensured by sharing attention-grabbing screenshots, titles, screenshots, etc.
3. Increase Your App’s Revenue & Conversions
Different methods like in-app ads implementation, reward ads, interactive ads, etc., can encourage the use of premium app levels.
What Are The Benefits Of App Store Optimization?
Some of the top benefits of App Store Optimization include
- Quick discovery by relevant and high-quality users.
- Gain continuous growth and cut down the user acquisition costs.
- Reach a global audience with business apps.
- Increase the organic app downloads sustainably.
- Increasing app revenue and app conversion rates considerably.
- Improve app visibility and stand out from the other millions of apps.
How Does App Store Optimization Work?
Once any mobile app is created, it is time for app store marketing and publishing the app or mobile game. The next step is to decide the right marketplace that is Google Play Store for Android apps and App Store for iOS apps. The detailed App Store Optimization works incoherence to these app stores only.
How Do Users Find & Download Mobile Apps?
The app store search is the preferred means of finding and downloading mobile apps. Hence, the search ranking position of the apps is the decisive factor for their increased or reduced downloads. With users not ready to scroll every search result, it is easy for them to download any app out of the top list based on app description and reviews.
App Store Optimization For Google Play vs. App Store
Google Play is for Android devices while App Store serves iOS devices. Both are the leading app markets with certain differences that should be understood by the app developers and marketing.
Key differences between App Store and Google Play
- Both being the leading app markets, Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store follow a strict review system to maintain apps quality with the process for App Store lengthy and Play Store quick.
- App Store uses specific keywords while Google Play uses entire content like description, title, etc.
How Is App Store Optimization done?
The quick steps for App Store Optimization are
- Understand the users and establish a clear and effective App Store Optimization strategy.
- The name of the app should be carefully selected based on the keywords search.
- The right process of keyword search for any specific app should be applied.
- A crisp app description should be prepared based on the release on App Store or Google Play.
- Select a precise app icon by A/B testing.
- App videos and screenshots should be prepared properly.
- To target the specific geo-market, app listing and localization should be adopted.
- App reviews and ratings should be focused on increasing app downloads.
App Store Optimization Tips & Tricks
A quick list of the tips and tricks to achieve high in the App Store Optimization include
1. Free Keywords
It is important to go through the free keywords offered by Google Play or App Store followed by the forbidden keywords.
2. Longer Keywords
The use of lengthy keywords is beneficial for beginners in app development that can’t go for the high search volume keywords in the beginning.
Tracking App Performance
Gaining app information is not enough when the precise working of the app through app performance tracking is the need of the hour. Hence, it becomes more than crucial for the developers to track the performance of their apps regularly to offer real-time changes in the App Store Optimization strategies.
Why Is It Important To Track The Performance Of Your Mobile App?
Gaining more app downloads and increasing the app revenue are the two main reasons that focus on the performance tracking of mobile apps. The data thus generated can give a clear picture of the strengths and weaknesses of the app. Data analysis thus required is effectively managed by the dedicated App Store Optimization.
Best App Performance & App Store Optimization Tools In 2022
With all the benefits of App Store performance and optimization, the following are the important tools for developers in 2022:
It offers actionable insights for different apps and is powered by data science technology.
It is a dedicated App Store Optimization platform that can analyze feedback, manage ratings, grow organic downloads, respond to reviews, etc.
3. App Radar
It supports the developers throughout the entire App Store Optimization cycle and is powered by AI, keywords tracking, etc.
4. Sensor Tower
It is the next-generation, marketing leader in digital analytics systems.
5. Split Metrics
It is a specialized App Store Optimization tool that uses A/B testing and conversion optimization.
It includes dedicated mobile growth solutions and innovative App Store A/B testing techniques.
It is a dedicated App Store Optimization tool for Google Play and App Store that can boost app downloads and improve app rankings.
It offers a range of App Store Optimization tools including free and paid services for increasing the app visibility.
It offers real-time data on app rankings, reviews, keywords, etc.
It uses organic App Store Optimization and paid marketing for different apps.
It comes as a self-service big data tool for serving app developers in excelling App Store Optimization.
12. Mobile Action
It offers world-class data on App Store Optimization and is a dedicated app marketing tool.
It is a dedicated tool that helps app developers scale and increases app adoption in users.
You Have A Vision
We Have The Means To Get You There
Managing Your App In The Most Efficiently
All apps are different but when it comes to app management, you can do it in quick four generalized steps that are:
- Analyze: It is important to analyze the current visibility of the app, main search terms used by the users on the app marketplace, etc.
- Optimize: It will take time and practice but can be mastered with the use of AI-powered optimization suggestions.
- Publish/Distribute: It is important to reduce the time spent on publishing or distributing app content.
- Monetize: The main methods for app monetization includes paid user acquisition channels, ads, etc.
Play Store Review Guidelines
A quick look at the Play Store review guidelines include:
- All apps must comply with the restricted content policies of the specific regions.
- All apps with impersonation are not allowed.
- Apps shouldn’t have intellectual property disputes.
- Apps that are intended to misuse device data, network, etc., are prohibited.
- All monetization and Ads-based apps should comply with the strict guidelines for the same.
- Apps must avoid spamming store listings and promotions.
- Apps with spam, malware, Mobile Unwanted Software (MUwS), and minimum functionality are not allowed.
- Apps for kids must comply with the regional guidelines strictly.
- All apps must follow program-specific policies.
App Store Review Guidelines
It is always great for the developers to have quick App Store review guidelines which include:
Before Submitting Guidelines:
- Apps should not contain any objectionable content.
- Apps with user-generated content must have a method for filtering the objectionable material from being posted, a mechanism to report offensive content, the ability to block offensive users, the quick reach of published content to app management, etc.
- Apps with creator content must offer a singular, unified experience for customers to interact with different types of content.
- All kids’ category apps must focus on creating a great experience for young users and shouldn’t contain purchasing opportunities, links out of the app, or other distractions.
- Any app possessing the risk of physical harm is not published.
- All drug dosage calculation apps must come from hospitals, universities, pharmacies, health Approval companies, drug manufacturers, receive approval from FDA, or other international counterparts.
- Apps encouraging the use of any illegal drugs, tobacco, vape products, excessive alcohol, etc., are not allowed.
- Apps must never encourage insensible or rash driving behavior.
- Apps must take necessary security measures to protect user data.
- Apps reporting local criminal activity must include the local law enforcement agencies.
- Any incomplete app bundle or binaries that may crash or possess technical issues may get rejected.
- TestFlight should be used for beta testing and it must comply with App Review Guidelines.
- Apps must contain accurate Metadata including app description, previews, screenshots, privacy information, etc.
- All iPhone apps should run on iPad.
- App apps should be power efficient without posing any risk to devices.
- Any requirements of additional equipment for gaming apps should be mentioned in Metadata.
- Apps should never require restart or modifications of the device.
- Apps must work on public APIs and use the currently shipping operating system only.
- Apps should be self-contained.
- Apps should never alter the normal functioning of the device.
- All Mac App Store apps must follow the additional requirements of this app store.
- All apps based on business must follow the general guidelines.
- The design of the apps should be simple, effective, easy to use, innovative, etc.
- Apps must comply with all legal regulations of the specific region.
After You Submit:
- Keep a check on the timing of the review publishing. Further, expedite requests can be made for the same.
- Status updates should be reflected in App Store Connect.
- The app will not appear in the store before the release date.
- All review rejections are liable for appeals.
- Apps must have bug-fix submissions.
App Store Optimization Checklist:
Coming to a quick checklist of the App Store Optimization, it consists of the following straightforward but effective key points:
- Understanding the competition and customers
- Selecting the appropriate app name
- Localizing app listing
- Keywords maximization
- App icon
- App description
- Videos and screenshots
- App updates
- Feedbacks and ratings
- Increasing traffic with marketing
Why Choose Emizentech For App Development/Marketing?
Emizentech is the sureshot solution for different types of app development or marketing due to the following reasons:
- The expertise of more than eight years in mobile app development.
- Options to choose from are native app development and hybrid app development.
- Options to go for AR/VR all development, wearable mobile app development, IoT mobile app development, etc.
- Range of apps- social media apps, delivery mobile apps, mobile games, lifestyle apps, entertainment apps, enterprise apps, e-commerce apps, tracking monitoring apps, utility apps, fitness apps, e-learning apps, etc.
- Advanced technology frameworks including outstanding languages, frameworks, tools, testing, server technologies, database, etc.
- Catchy user interface for optimized user experience.
- Scalability and interoperability for increasing the app value.
- Strict adherence to security and compliance standards.
- Cross-platform analysis for the targeted audience.
- On-time delivery of high-performance apps.
- Mobile app prototype development and app backend development.
- App UI/UX development and 3rd party integrations.
- Dedicated app tracking and customer support.
- Team of more than 200 skilled developers.
- Quick seven days returns, if any issues.
With the good first impression increasing the app store conversions by 35%, it takes no good time to understand that app store optimization is a must for any growing app. A quick history into mobile apps makes it easy to understand the key mobile app trends in 2022. It is quick and easy to understand the world of app store optimization and understand the key factors responsible for it. Google Play ranking factors ensure that developers can work in the right direction to make their apps shine ahead of others.
The basic difference between App Store Optimization and Search Engine Optimization makes it easy to focus on the importance of the previous one. It is easy to understand the working of App Store Optimization followed by the quick details and differences of Google Play and App Store.
The quick steps to the App Store Optimization guide include short tips, app performance tracking, its importance for apps, tools to access the app performance, and managing apps in effective ways. Not to miss are the Google Play Store and App Store guidelines, a readymade checklist for App Store Optimization, and the role of Emizentech in realizing effective app development/marketing.
Frequently Asked Questions about App Store Optimization
Multiple ways to get app reviews include direct asking for writing reviews, using app review plugins, asking for reviews from engaged users, rewarding users for reviews, conducting contests, app updates for organic app reviews.
The aim of App Store Optimization includes app ranking improvements, creating brand awareness, creating awareness among users, etc.
App Store Optimization is a simulation-based module that works in harmony with App Store Marketing to optimize actions of the strategy
The core optimization elements of App Store Optimization include users understanding, selection of keywords, selecting the right name, selecting app icon, adding preview video, ratings, reviews, etc.
Any app title should not cross more than 30 characters.
App description should not cross 4,000 characters for App Store and Play Store.