Ideas is a community of users who post, vote for and comment on ideas. Consider it an online suggestion box that includes discussions and popularity rankings for any subject. To further organize your community into smaller groups, you can create zones within a community that reflects special interests, product groupings, or types of customers. You can display Ideas to internal Salesforce users, a Salesforce.com Community, Customer Portal, or partner portal user, or to public users (requires setting up a Salesforce Site
Specifically, deleting a vote does the following:
- Removes 10 points from the idea’s overall score
- Removes the user’s name from the Last 100 Votes section on the idea’s detail page
Ideas functionality is not supported in Lightning mode. Therefore, we need to switch to Classic mode (if you are in lightning mode). Go to your name icon from the top left most part of the screen. Click on it.
How to configure Zones
1. In Classic mode, Go to Set Up option.
2. Type Ideas in the Quick Find box and select the Ideas Zone options.
). You can also manage Ideas from the console. As an administrator, you can:
- Control whether ideas are enabled for your organization and customize the half-life of ideas. See Enable and Customize Ideas Settings.
- Create zones to organize ideas. See Creating and Editing Zones.
- Create Idea Themes that let you invite community members to post ideas about specific topics so that members can solve problems or propose innovations for your company.
- Define picklist values for the Categories and Status fields. See Define Picklist Values for the Categories and Status Fields.
- Specify the layout of custom fields. See Set Page Layouts for Ideas.
- Make idea reports available to your users.
- a. If logged in as System Administrator in the community, all Idea Zones which are active are displayed.
- b. If logged in as Community User, all Idea Zones which are active and are configured to be visible in this community are displayed. Please see the setting Visibility in the above image.
3. Click New to create an Idea Zone. Every idea is associated with an Idea Zone.
How to edit Ideas fields
1. Go to Set Up -> Type Ideas -> Open the Fields option.
2. Let’s try editing a Picklist field. Click on Benefits. While adding a picklist option, select the Zones also on which this picklist option needs to be shown.
How to view which users are in Idea Moderator Group
Go to Set Up -> Type Public Groups in Quick Find Box. Open the Public Groups. Find the Idea Moderator Group and open this option. Only an administrator can update public groups.
How to create reports on Ideas
1. Go to Reports tabs. If you do not see the tab. Click on this plus icon. It opens a list of tabs choose Reports.
2. Type Ideas for searching for this report type. Select it and then scroll right to see the Create button. Click on it and now you can prepare your report.
You can also create a lightning component and add in the customer community. Customers can post, vote for, and comment on ideas.
We at Emizentech provide salesforce development and salesforce consulting services for various products of salesforce CRM with the help of our experienced and professional salesforce developers.