In this blog post, you will get to know about more than 15 best Magento 2 extensions, free Magento 2 extensions, paid Magento 2 extensions for the ecommerce business growth.
Magento is one of the most robust and highly efficient ecommerce platforms in the world. Over the years, businesses of all sizes and from domains have harnessed the Magento ecommerce services to grow their business expeditiously on the digital landscape.
Magento has a colossal marketplace from where merchants can rope in the right themes, plugins, and Magento 2 extensions to enhance the functionalities and performance of their Magento ecommerce store.
Right and efficient Magento 2 extensions are quintessential for the prevailing Magento 2 store optimization. Are you aware of the top Magento 2 extensions to boost your store performance? If not, no need to stress out. We’ve rounded up the top-rated Magento 2 extensions that can shoot up your Magento ecommerce platform’s growth in every aspect and help you to get a big edge over your competitors.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Magento 2 Extensions?
Before we hop on to the gist of this blog, it is quite essential to get conversant with all the factors that every merchant should know while roping in the free Magento 2 extensions or paid Magento 2 extensions.
A. Expert Advice, User Ratings, and Reviews
Though most of the merchants depend only on previous customers’ ratings and reviews to make Magento 2 extensions purchasing, that’s not the right thing to do so. You should always seek for experts and professionals’ advice who have used the plug-ins earlier. Moreover, you should also ensure that the plugin you are going to install must support your Magento 2 store.
B. Frequent Updates
When choosing the top Magento 2 extensions, you should always go for those extensions that get updated frequently.
You will always find merchants dubious over whether to buy free Magento 2 extensions or paid Magento 2 extensions. Seems like this debate is never going to end.
Admit it or not, free Magento 2 extensions will not be going to help you for a long time because of their fettered functionalities. You should invest in top-rated and efficient paid Magento 2 extensions to optimize your ecommerce store performance.
D. Customer Support and Services
Last but not the least, ensure that plugins you are going to choose must have par excellent customer service and support. Plugins with commendable customer support can help you overcome technical problems in no time during the time of turbulence.
20+ Top Magento 2 Extensions
For users’ convenience, we have classified Magento 2 extensions in a few principal categories. The classification of extensions for the Magento 2 store will help you to find the relevant one without much of a hitch. Let’s get started!
1. Magento 2 Security Extensions
Undeniably, security is one of the most pivotal parts of an e-commerce store’s performance and stability. If your Magento 2 store security is formidable, your website can withstand any external brute attack and protect your website from the damage. Let’s check out our 3 top Magento 2 security extensions that you can utilize to consolidate your Magento 2 ecommerce security.
Image Credit – Wyomind
With this Magento 2 extension at your disposal, you don’t have to worry about intrusions anymore. Watchlog extension has the competency to identify all the external threats and stop them from preventing damage to your website.
- A complete overview of all login attempts.
- Protect website from external threats.
- Daily and monthly login attempts in a graphical format.
- Periodic report of the statistics by email.
- It allows you to automatically and manually block the IPs at the front end and backend.
- You can create a whitelist and blacklist of all IPs
For Magento Community edition – Compatible from Magento 2.0 to Magento 2.3.3
For Magento Enterprise Condition – Compatible from Magento 1.10.0+ to Magento 2.3.3
– Watchlog basic version is free and Watchlog pro version starts from €90
1.2 Amasty’s Admin Login Actions
Amasty is an extremely useful Magento 2 extension, If multiple admins access run your Magento 2 ecommerce store. This security extension keeps complete track of which admin has viewed or modified your store, at what time and when. Moreover, you can also put filters to limit the login access and by separating the category management.
- You will have the authority to ban or unban users.
- Keep log records as long as you want.
- Amasty allows you to block unsolicited login attempts.
- Amasty allows you to view login history.
- Amasty also depicts which admin has what changes in the store panel.
Amasty extension is compatible with the latest Magento 2 open-source and Magento 2 commerce editions.
– The average ratings for Amasty’s admin login actions are 4.8.
– The cost beings at 169$
By most of the merchants and developers, MageFence is considered as one of the most robust Magento 2 security extensions. If you want to keep your Magento 2 store super-secure from all types of malicious threats, MageFence can render you the total control of your platform’s security. MageFence forms additional security layers on the Magento 2 e-commerce store that fetters all kind of brute attacks and malicious threats.
- Meticulous analysis of your website regularly to find out potential threats.
- Regular updates of your Magento ecommerce features to keep the security impeccable.
- MageFence performs security audits on a timely basis to find out vulnerabilities and unwanted code injections.
- You can find out all the security patches which are not installed.
- You will instantly get a notification of any security breach.
- MageFence scans database regularly to find out unwanted users with admin privileges and allows you to block them.
Compatible with Magento 1.5.X and above version for both Magento Community and open-source editions.
– MageFence has an average user rating of 4.9 which is par excellent and commendable.
– The cost of MageFence for Magento 2 community edition begins with 159$. While the cost of MageFence for Magento 2 enterprise edition begins with 509$.
1.4 Two-Factor Authentication by Xtento
Unauthorized login is one of the biggest concerns for any Magento 2 ecommerce store owner. If the fear of someone’s accessing your store without any permission bites you all the time, Xtento two-factor authentication Magento 2 extension has got you covered.
When you utilize Xtento two-factor authentication, every time additional security information will be needed to log in to your Magento 2 store backend. The users have to submit an OTP (one-time-password) every time they attempt to login to the backend. The best thing is, security code is valid only for 30 seconds. So, no individual (hacker) can access your Magento 2 store backend without access to your smartphone.
- OTP valid for 30 seconds.
- Free installation service.
- 6 months’ free support.
- No code encryption.
It is compatible with versions from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.3.3 for open-source edition.
It is also compatible with versions from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.3.3 for the enterprise edition.
The average rating for the Xtento extension is 4.8
2. Magento 2 SEO Extensions
What’s the point of having a full-fledged ecommerce store with astonishing products if its search engine visibility is close to zero? Search engine optimization is an integral part of the online marketing strategy. Without the proper SEO of your Magento 2 store, you can’t expect the online growth and gargantuan leads for your business.
2.1 Ultimate SEO Optimizer
Ultimate SEO optimizer is one of the most powerful Magento 2 SEO extensions. It comprises a set of numerous tools that help you to conduct effective on-page optimization and quickly boost your product and category pages ranking on the search engine result page. With the help of ultimate SEO optimizer Magento 2 SEO extension, you can automatically generate the title, meta description, alt tags for your products and category pages.
- Automatic creation of title, keywords, and meta description.
- You can generate descriptive alt tags for your product images.
- You can add tags like no follow, no index, no referrer, no opener.
- Generate an XML sitemap and robots.txt file.
- Generate canonical tags to avoid content duplication.
- Implement Hreflang to serve content in different languages.
Ultimate SEO optimizer is compatible with Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.3.3 version of both community and enterprise editions.
The average user-rating for SEO ultimate optimizer is 4.8.
The price of the pro version is 179$.
2.2 SEO Suite Ultimate by Mageworx
Image Credit – Mageworx
If you are looking for all-in-one SEO services, we strongly recommend you to go for SEO suite ultimate by Mageworx. The SEO suite ultimate advanced SEO tools can render you an upper-edge over competitors when it comes to organic search engine marketing. The most striking feature of SEO suite ultimate is you can mass optimize the titles, meta descriptions, URLs and keywords and save a lot of your precious time.
- Expeditious optimization of URLs and metadata.
- Seamless interlinking features.
- Rich-snippet generator to boost your CTR and rankings.
- Implement breadcrumbs and redirects them in no time.
- SEO suite ultimate is GDPR compliant.
SEO Suite Ultimate fully supports Magento 2 open source and Magento 2 enterprise editions including Magento 2 commerce cloud platform.
A great chunk of users at prominent platforms has given an average of 5-star ratings to this Magento 2 SEO extension.
The accurate price of SEO Suite ultimate is 299$
2.3 Google Rich Snippets by Amasty
Time and time again, Google has said that search results which rich snippets or better say informative structured data have better chances of ranking higher in the search engine result page.
Google rich snippets by Amasty allows you to seamlessly implement rich results on your product and category pages and enhance your website probability to rank higher in the search engine result page. Google rich snippets by Amasty also allows you to generate different types of rich results like FAQs, ratings, articles, etc.
- Implement all types of rich results expeditiously.
- Breadcrumbs for rich snippets.
- Faster indexing rate which improves website visibility.
- You can add products’ availability and condition tags.
- 90 days of free support.
For Magento’s open-source edition, it’s quite compatible with Magento 2.0.0. to Magento 2.3.3 versions.
For Magento Enterprise edition, it’s quite compatible with Magento 2.0.0. to Magento 2.3.3 versions.
The average user ratings for Google rich snippets by Amasty is 4.8.
Magento 2 Community edition – $129
Magento 2 enterprise edition – $429
2.4 Magento 2 WordPress Integration Extension
Without the presence of unmatched quality and informative content on your website, all your SEO efforts will go in vain. In short, content is the king and context is God.
By adding the blog section to your website and putting quality content pieces in it, you can drive a great number of potential users to your website and convert them to loyal customers. Unquestionably, WordPress is the best content management system and by integrating WordPress CMS with your Magento 2 store, you can give your business a massive boost.
For WordPress blog integration to your Magento 2 store, we recommend you to utilize Magento 2 WordPress Integration extension by Fishpig.
- Integrate WordPress blog section with category and product pages on your store.
- Utilize WordPress plugins like Yoast for blog optimization.
- You can fully integrate with WordPress with your Magento 2 store theme.
This Magento 2 extension is compatible with Magento 2.0.0 and above versions of both Magento 2 enterprise and community editions.
3. Magento 2 Store Optimization Extensions
You can’t win the online business game unless your Magento 2 store is well-optimized in every sense. Whenever the topic of store optimization pops up, the first and the foremost thing to consider is page load speed. A slow like snail page load speed means colossal loss of potential user base and business growth.
If your Magento 2 store page load speed is terrible, you can amp up the store performance by using the best Magento 2 store optimization extensions and propel your website massive business growth. Let’s get conversant with some of the top Magento 2 extensions for store optimization.
3.1 Performance Optimization Tool by Potato Commerce
Image Credit – Potatocommerce
Slow performing websites are big-time issues for merchants. Not only it impacts your search engine result rankings, but it also makes a massive dent in your business. You can’t fix up website performance issues in an instant. There are numerous factors involved that needed meticulous attention to boost up the website’s speed.
Performance optimization tool by Potato Commerce can propel your website performance and make it faster, sturdy, and friendly for users.
- Implement lazy loading images
- Adapted Google page speed insight, GT Matrix, and Pingdom
- Merge of image files
The performance optimization tool is compatible with both Magento enterprise and community editions and versions ranging from Magento 2.0.0 to Magento 2.3.3.
The average user-ratings for the performance optimization tool are 4.9.
For Magento community edition, price is $199
For Magento enterprise edition, costing is 398$
3.2 Full Page Cache Warmer by Amasty
Admit it or not, most of the websites depend on caches to improve performance and render the best user experience to users. Cache warming is a highly undervalued but quintessential technique to make the browsing experience of your website seamless and convenient for users. Cache warming is basically preparing the real-time cache for users and rendering them the best browsing experience.
Full-page cache warner by Amasty can exterminate all your cache related issues. Let’s review the key highlights of this Magento 2 extension.
- Auto-generation of warming cache
- Keep the cache updated all the time.
- Faster crawling and indexing rate.
- You can schedule a particular time for warming.
- Assess cache warming efficiency.
Compatible with all versions of Magento 2 for both community and enterprise editions.
The average user ratings for the full page cache warmer are 4.8.
For Magento 2 community edition – $199
For Magento 2 enterprise edition – $499
3.3 Google Page Speed Optimizer by Amasty
Another efficacious Magento 2 performance optimization tool to take your store performance notches higher and deliver your users a par excellent browsing experience.
- Amp up website loading speed on mobile and desktop versions.
- Lazy load images and serve them in the next-gen formats for the faster loading.
- Compatible with most of the Magento 2 themes.
- SEO friendly.
Compatible for versions from Magento 1.x.x to Magento 2.3.3. for bother Magento 2 open source and enterprise editions.
This Magento 2 extension has a commendable average rating of 4.8.
For Magento 2 community edition – $299
For Magento 2 enterprise edition – $599
3.4 HTML CSS JS Minifier by Apptrian
We are well-versed with the fact that HTML CSS and JS codes form a great chunk of your overall page size. To ensure your website performs at the optimal level, you have to minify HTML, CSS, and JS files. One of the best ways to minify all these codes is using Apptrian, a massively trusted Magento 2 extension to minify JS, CSS, and HTML codes.
- Easy to enable or disable HTML Minification.
- There is an option to enable maximum HTML Minification.
- On a button click, you can minify CSS and JS files.
- Cache Compatibility.
Open Source (CE): 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
Commerce (EE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.2, 2.3
The average user rating for HTML CSS JS Minifier by Apptrian is 4.6.
For Community edition – $49 with installation
For Enterprise edition – $99 with installation
4. Magento 2 Payment Gateway Extensions
To convert your potential customers into actual customers, you have to influence them to purchase your product or services. Moreover, you also have to make sure that the payment gateway should be seamless and free from glitches. In this section, we are going to state some of the top Magento 2 payment gateway extensions for the easy, expeditious, and safe payment checkouts for customers.
Image Credit – Stripe
Stripe is one of the most trusted as well as one of the most sought after Magento 2 payment gateway extensions. The easy, fast, and secure payment checkout process of the stripe makes it stand apart from the rest. Moreover, the user-experience and user-interface of the Stripe payment gateway are quite alluring and attention-grabbing.
- PCI DSS compliance with merchants.
- Iframe payment
- 3D Secure
- Support Google Pay, Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay
- New Apple Pay Button Displayed
For community edition – 2.2.X and 2.3.X
For Enterprise edition – 2.2.X and 2.3.X
The average user ratings for Strip Magento 2 payment gateway extension is 5.
Community Edition – $99
Enterprise Edition – $249
4.2 Checkout Suite by IWD
Want to make your users’ checkout process super-secure, flexible, and easy to conduct? We bring you checkout suite by IWD that renders flexibility in the checkout process and keep your users’ data secure.
- Highly responsive design.
- One-step checkout process.
- Quick checkout process.
- Astonishing conversion rate.
- Unmatched checkout Functionality.
For community edition – 2.0.X and 2.3.X
For Enterprise edition – 2.0.X and 2.3.X
$25 per month
4.3 SagePay by Magenest
This Magento 2 payment gateway extension is trusted by millions. The striking thing about SagePay is, it is easiest to install and quick to make payment for customers.
Another alluring feature of Sagepay is, it allows customers to build multiple monthly subscription plans for particular products.
- 6-month support.
- Free installation service.
- Sagepay Paypal Support.
- PCI DSS Compliance.
- Orphan transaction log and recovery.
- MOTO Support.
- Support multiple currencies.
For Magento 2 community edition – 2.2.X, 2.3.X
For Magento 2 Enterprise edition – 2.2.X, 2.3.X
The average user ratings are 4.8.
Magento 2 open-source edition – $149
Magento 2 commerce edition – $249
5. Magento 2 Shipping Extensions
Without a bit of a doubt, the shipping of products is one of the most extensive and gruesome tasks for any ecommerce store owner. There are a great number of tasks that needs to be managed like packaging, picking, shipping, delivery date, return, reimburse, and the list goes on. If you are a Magento 2 store owner and worrying about the shipping part, you don’t have to stress out anymore. We bring you some of the most efficient Magento 2 shipping extensions.
5.1 Magento 2 Multiple Flat Shipping Rate by Landcoder
Deriving a flat rate method for the different currencies and geographical conditions is quite a cumbersome task. However, you can overcome this obstacle by using the Magento 2 multiple flat shipping rate extension by Landcoder. This extension bestows you with different flat rate methods on different parameters like handling fees, price, product type, country of delivery, etc.
- Allow you to create custom flat rates for different countries.
- Depict custom error message.
- Allow you to enable or disable flat rate shipping methods.
- Flat rates can be defined on the condition basis.
- You can import and export the rates in the CSV file.
Magento community edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento enterprise edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
The average user ratings for this Magento 2 shipping extension is 4.7.
The price starts with 69$ + 12 months’ free support.
5.2 Order Management Suite by IWD
Image Credit – iwdagency
If you want to manage the order flow without much of a hitch, rope in order management suite by IWD to manage the entire order flow at a single place. With this Magento 2 shipping extension at your disposal, you can manage multiple inventory sources, generate the detailed invoice, add custom amounts, and allow buyers to apply coupons.
- You can change payment and shipping methods and customize order grids.
- Secure and easy payment methods.
- Seamlessly manage commissions of sales representatives.
Magento community edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento enterprise edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
The Average user ratings is 4.9 out of 5.
Free to use.
5.3 Magento 2 Shipping Per Product Extension by Labcoder
If you are looking for a Magento 2 shipping extension that can automatically edit products’ rates on the basis of their attributes, Magento 2 shipping per product extension by Labcoder will never disappoint you.
This shipping extension has numerous modules which allow you to manage individual flat shipping rate for different products. Moreover, it also allows multiple countries shipping with the per product per country.
- Tools for calculating total shipping orders.
- Allows for multiple countries shipping.
- Multiple and expeditious payment methods.
- On a click, you can set the quantity and weight of the shipping product.
- You can use the default shipping price for all products.
Magento Community edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.0, 2.3.x
Magento enterprise edition – 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.0, 2.3.x
The average use rating is 4.9 out of 5.
$79 with 12 months support.