New NFT minting and selling platform will be released by Cloud-based software giant Salesforce in October 2022.
To satisfy the surging interest of people in NFT minting and selling, the cloud-based software giant Salesforce has launched its NFT cloud at CNX22. The platform is said to be available by October to help people mint and sell their NFTs. Adam Caplan, Senior Vice President at Salesforce, said while addressing Bloomberg, “brands are likely to use NFTs for the purpose of engagement and access rather than selling collectibles without functional utility”. The Salesforce NFT cloud is currently a pilot program and available to a limited client base. The blockchain platform to be used for minting NFTs has not been yet specified by the company. Concerning the environment, it is decided that any energy-intensive blockchain will not be used.
Top three moments were served at the Salesforce CNX22 viz.
- NFT Cloud Launch
- A Fierce Fashion show with equality leaders
- New Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud features.
However, the launch of NFT Cloud has grabbed the attention of people as the craze and familiarity of people in NFT trading has increased recently. With the launch of NFT cloud, the firm has decided to step into the NFT metaverse development after their significant success in the CRM software world.
The news might interest you a lot if you are already familiar with the concept of NFT and blockchain. However, if it is the opposite, understanding this concept might open new revenue sources for you. Take 15 minutes, and at the end of it, you will have enough knowledge about the concept that any such news in the future will interest you rather than confuse you.
What are NFTs?
The news and blogs are all talking about NFTs. Let’s first understand what the NFT is and why it is trending. NFT refers to Non Fungible Tokens. It is the digital asset representing the range of real-world objects such as art, in-game items, music, and video. These items are sold and bought online, mostly with cryptocurrencies. The NFT helps register these real-world objects on the blockchain, which is decentralized and open to scrutiny. Anyone can mint the NFT or their work and it can not be exchanged for another. Thus every NFT is unique on its own.
What Is Minting and Selling NFTs?
Minting the NFT simply refers to registering or producing a new NFT. A range of platforms is available which can be used for minting the NFT. These platforms are known as the NFT marketplace. Suppose you have an artwork and you wish to mint it as NFT.
- First of all, you are going to set up a crypto wallet. There is a range of crypto wallets available on platforms. MetaMask is currently the most popular crypto wallet compatible with Ethereum Blockchain.
- In the next step, you will select the NFT marketplace. Here you might choose NFTically, MakersPlace, Foundation, Mineable etc.
- Once you have chosen the right NFT marketplace, the platform will guide you step-wise to mint the NFT of your artwork by uploading it. You will also be provided with the option to create a single NFT or a series.
When you have minted the NFT, you will also get the opportunity to display it to the visitors and sell it as well. Selling the right NFT on the right platform at the right time has brought the users a handsome profit. The selling process of NFT is as simple as that of minting the NFT.
- When you have listed your NFT on the right marketplace, it will allow you to list it for sale.
- You can provide the additional requirements like price or time limit for auction and cryptocurrencies that buyers will have to pay.
- The marketplaces where you are performing the transactions will charge you the fee. The fee is viable and depends on how busy the blockchain network is.
- You can also promote your sale on social media and other platforms to attract buyers.
Most Popular NFT Marketplace
Salesforce has just introduced its NFT marketplace with a promise of making it available worldwide by October. However, the trading of NFTs has been happening for a long time, making it obvious that there is already a range of NFT marketplaces. So, here is the list of some NFT marketplaces which are managing the domain as of now:
The platform was launched in the year 2017 and is currently counted among the biggest NFT active marketplaces. The platform offers hosting of popular NFTs such as art, music, trading cards, virtual words, photography, etc.
Similar to the previous one, Rarible also allows for selling or buying the NFTs on its platform. Rarible has also created its own token, RARI, which helps the holders vote on company decisions. It has a vast network with a solid connection to make the trading.
This NFT marketplace was launched in 2021. The Binance NFT offers typical digital assets found on other major platforms. It consists of artwork, gaming items, and collectibles.
The platform is a high-end NFT art marketplace positioning itself as an art gallery in the NFT ecosystem. The marketplace is highly selective toward the NFT submission; thus, it is comparatively challenging to list the NFT on the platform.
NBA Top Shot allows basketball fans to buy the NFTs of great moments that happened in basketball history. The buyer can get the video clips, highlights, and arts for WNBA and NBA. However, it might not be as easy to buy these moments as a video of LeBron James’ slam dunk fetched $208,000 in February 2021.
List of Popular NFT Tokens
There is a range of popular NFTs tokens which have been sold or bought in the history of NFTs trading:
- Axie Infinity
- Theta Network
- The Sandbox
- Metarun NFT
Interesting Facts About NFTs
- The most valuable NFT has a value of more than $91.8 million.
- The top five countries with the adoption of NFTs are in Asia only.
- Once, an NFT meme was sold for $4 million.
- 23% of the millennials in the United States collect NFTs.
- In only one month of 2021, the NFT art sales surpassed 1.5 million.
- More than 70% of Americans are still not familiar with the concept of NFT.
- Men are thrice more likely to be NFT collectors compared to that of Women.
Do You Know How to Buy Land in The Metaverse?
Virtual Property Marketplace Guide
We hope you would have made your basics clear about NFTs and associated working principles. However we would recommend you to research more on the topic if you are also planning to mint and sell the NFTs in future.
We feel glad that Emizentech works closely on Salesforce as well as NFT. With our knowledgeable experts on the domain, we can help you learn more deeply about the concepts. Moreover, if you have decided to set a source for sleeping income through NFT, we can help you clear the path and have a pleasant journey.
Feel free to contact our Salesforce experts for consultation.