Last Updated on January 21, 2022
Lightning App Builder
Lightning App Builder is the culmination of all things Lightning. It allows the Admin to pull together all of the pieces into an app with little or no development time, building custom pages for Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 quickly with point-and-click tools.
Admins can install components from the AppExchange, and then drag and drop them onto a Lightning page. The Lightning App Builder also gives Admins ways to configure components as needed.
A lightning app builder is a tool provided by Salesforce to build a lightning page by drag and drop of Lightning Components and Visualforce page into the page. A similar example can be a process builder or community builder. It is a tool that admin can use.
- The Lightning App Builder is a point-and-click tool that makes it easy to create custom pages for the Salesforce mobile app and Lightning Experience, giving your users what they need all in one place.
- The Lightning App Builder is also a one-stop shop for configuring Lightning apps.
- You can update the app’s branding, navigation, options, and manage the Lightning pages assigned to that app all in the Lightning App Builder.
- You can access it from both classic and Lightning Experience
- It is available for available under Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions
- The Lightning App Builder supports the same browsers as Lightning Experience
- It is not supported on mobile browsers.
- The minimum recommended resolution for the Lightning App Builder is 1280×1024.
- Only admins with “View Setup and Configuration” permission can access it.
Lightning components are self-contained units of code. Responsive, reusable building blocks for making apps and pages, components can be as small as individual widgets or full pages of functionality.
Lightning components provide a modern framework for building single-page applications with dynamic, responsive user interfaces for Force.com apps. Mobile is baked into the core of Lightning Components, and it makes developing apps that work on both mobile and desktop devices far simpler than many other frameworks — all with best-in-class security.
The AppExchange features components that are already built for your org for free or purchase. Here is our blog post on Developing Lightning Component Bundles for ISV Apps.
Lightning components are small reusable applications that can be used in lightning pages. They are developed using apex and aura. It requires coding knowledge.